Assistant Professor of Physiology & Biophysics, School of Medicine Tracking Code2758 Job Description
Boston University School of Medicine invites applications for a full-time, 12-month term Assistant Professor position in the Department of Physiology & Biophysics. The successful candidate will be an integral part of the teaching mission of the School of Medicine, becoming a part of an interdisciplinary team of faculty committed to excellence in innovative education and scholarship. Our faculty are dedicated to providing the very best education of medical, dental, physician assistant, and graduate students. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Teaching: Responsibilities include teaching physiology throughout the preclinical years (M1 and M2), and in 4th year (M4) electives, to medical students; preclinical teaching of physiology to dental and physician assistant students; and teaching physiology to graduate students in our Masters of Medical Sciences program. The successful candidate will have demonstrated excellence in teaching.
- Service: Responsibilities include course/curriculum design and development, as well as departmental and institutional service on committees
- Scholarship: The successful candidate will be expected to engage in scholarly activities that result in publications and professional presentations. Boston University School of Medicine recognizes innovative teaching and scholarly work in medical education as the path to promotion.
DO NOT APPLY THROUGH THE BOSTON UNIVERSITY HR WEBSITE.
For full consideration, please send a single PDF file containing a cover letter, a curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching experience and philosophy, and the names and contact information of at least three references to Esther Bullitt, Ph.D., Faculty Search Chair, at: [email protected]
• PhD, or equivalent in physiology or a closely related field
• Teaching experience in a health sciences academic setting; minimum 2 years
• Evidence of excellence in teaching
• A demonstrably collaborative approach, conducive to collegiality and mutual support
• A passion for, and commitment to developing novel pedagogical methods for delivering physiology education to future health care professionals
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job Location Boston, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular