Assistant Professor in Biocultural Anthropology - EpigeneticsDepartment:
School of Global Integrative Studies-11300Requisition Number:
F_210115Posting Open Date:
09/14/2021Application Review Date: (To ensure consideration, please submit all application materials before review date):
12/10/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDescription of Work:
The successful candidate will develop an outstanding research program that results in peer-reviewed publications and external funding appropriate to the subdiscipline and that can accommodate participation of graduate and undergraduate students, teach undergraduate and graduate courses, and contribute to program, college, and university affairs to an extent appropriate to their rank. Minimum Required Qualifications:
As an EO/AA employer, qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See http://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.
- PhD in Anthropology or a related field at time of appointment.
- A research agenda, with, or promise of, external funding and publications in relevant peer-reviewed venues.
- Evidence of excellence in undergraduate university-level teaching.
Criminal History Background Check Required:
- Experience and demonstrated excellence in teaching, engagement in scholarly work, and experience in research mentoring of graduate and undergraduate students.
- Demonstrated experience with inclusive pedagogical practices and who provide evidence of experience in teaching and mentoring a diverse population of students.
NoHow to Apply:
Click “Apply for this Job” and complete the information form. Attach the following documents:
- Cover letter.
- Curriculum vitae including list of publications; presentations; past, current, and pending funding; and research and teaching appointments.
- A statement describing:
- Research, teaching interests, and experience.
- Your potential to foster intra and interdepartmental connections.
- Your experiences working with people of diverse cultures and identities.
- How your work fits the focus of the RDAR COBRE mission.
- List of three references.
Please attach statement as “Other Document.”For questions or accommodations related to this position contact:
Ray Hames Job Category (old):
Faculty Tenure/Tenure LeadingJob Type:
Full-TimePosition funded by grant or other form of temporary funding?:
NoPlanned Hire Date: