Technical Craft Specialist A - IT Technician Apple/WindowsRequisition Number:
The Technical Craft Specialist A – Apple/Mac certified support technician is responsible for providing IT technical support to faculty, staff and students campus-wide. While providing exceptional customer service, this position resolves support service requests via telephone, email, walk-in or via remote desktop control; and filters, articulates, logs, and/or escalates more complex issues to the appropriate support level(s). Analyzes and performs repairs, installations, deskside support and maintenance of computer hardware and software. This position also performs advanced problem recognition, research, isolation and resolution steps for all client requests for technology services support and communicates efficient and effective feedback to all clients requesting assistance and is responsible for travel from main campus to the regional centers, moving equipment between rooms/sites and the tracking of inventory information for equipment and help desk support.Specific Responsibilities:
• Gather and analyze information regarding technical issues. Minimum Qualifications:
• Respond to telephone, email, and walk-in requests for technical support or assistance in a timely manner, ensuring appropriate customer service at all times.
• Log all requests for support using electronic ticketing systems and handles all requests to full closure.
• Diagnose and correct desktop computing problems that may result from system failure, system configuration, system errors, operator errors or operator inexperience whenever possible via the phone, in person, or remote desktop support.
• Reset passwords and unlock accounts effectively, clear print queues and log all incoming calls for service into the helpdesk, incorporating college acceptable use policies.
• Install, build, support, maintain, and diagnose hardware, software, and network components, needed to support academic and administrative desktop computers, as directed.
• Ensure the integrity of support procedures, processes, and documentation pertaining to the college-wide technical support initiatives.
• Communicate effectively with faculty, staff, and administrators at all levels, technical and non-technical, to determine and ensure all support needs are met.
• Work with ITS management, faculty, and staff to affect repair or replacement of failed equipment, both in or out of warranty, ensuring proper reimbursement of warranty related items.
• Deliver quality customer service to all internal constituents in a professional, helpful, and courteous manner.
• Work independently, determining priorities in unusual or emergency situations and effectively escalating matters to appropriate resources.
• Work collaboratively with college-wide resources, and/ or vendors to diagnose, isolate, and resolve desktop computing problems as directed.
• Assist with the maintenance of the inventory and deployment of hardware and software college-wide, as directed.
• Maintain industry standards certifications in support of the installed base equipment at the College.
• Maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High school diploma, or its equivalent (GED) required. Preferred Qualifications:
• At least five (5) years direct experience supporting Apple/Mac personal computers, mobile/tablet devices, and mobile applications in a professional work environment using IOS, MS Windows, and the MS Office Suite of applications for both Windows or Apple/Mac.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
• Demonstrated excellence in customer service and professionalism is required.
• Demonstrated commitment to detail and follow-through.
• ACMT (Apple Certified Macintosh technician) and A + certification are required.
• Working knowledge or direct experience with cloud-based SaaS products and security (ideally JAMF, SysAid/Remedy, Idaptive, Adobe Creative Cloud, G-Suite, AWS).
• Associate’s Degree, or equivalent coursework, is preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor. Work Location:
• At least two (2) years’ experience working with JamF, Adobe Creative Cloud, and AWS are preferred.
• Microsoft MCTA or MCSA certification preferred.
• Industry-standard technical certifications on Dell computers and peripherals are preferred.
• Experience working with and supporting Mac OS and solving computer/mobile device-related problems (Apple Genius experience is a plus).
• Experience installing and configuring hardware/software is preferred.
• Experience with Apple Macintosh is preferred.
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Salary Grade or Rank:
Effective October 15, 2021, all College employees must (a) be fully vaccinated, or (b) have submitted proof of their first shot of a COVID-19 Vaccine and submit to regular testing until they are fully vaccinated, or © obtain an approved exemption from the College and submit to regular COVID testing as an accommodation.
Interested persons should complete an online application
Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED
Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL
Review of applications will commence on October 12, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.
$19.43 - $24.99Job Posting Open Date:
09/28/2021Type of Position:
ClassifiedEmployment Status :