Job no: 518562
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Department:60090000 - AG-ANIMAL SCIENCES
Research Administrator II
The Department of Animal Sciences within the Institute of Food and Agricultural Sciences (IFAS) is seeking a Research Administrator II. This position provides professional oversight, guidance and coordination to sponsored program administration for the department. This position generally works independently, seeking guidance from the Manager, Administrative Services, faculty and Department Chair, as needed. This highly responsible position interprets policy and procedure, oversees sponsored programs’ spending and manages all pre-and post-award functions. This position functions as part of the Business Office team and works closely with the HR, fiscal and academic staff in the department.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Post-Award Responsibilities: Upon notice of award, verifies that budget is released correctly, and effort commitments are entered accurately in UFIRST. Revises active project listing and maintains accurate files for grant documents including NOA’s, IRB and IACUC approvals. Sets up sub-awards as needed and maintains oversight on spending. Processes post award transactions including budget transfers, incremental funding releases, budget modifications and adjustments, advance funding requests, supplemental funding requests, no- cost extensions and non-financial report submissions. Assists faculty with project projections and reports. Reviews and provides grant information to faculty upon request. Works with C&G to process close outs and transfer residual funds as needed.
- Pre-Award Responsibilities: Read and interpret proposal guidelines/solicitation for federal, state and private funding agencies. Review all components of proposal submission with particular focus on the budget and budget narrative. Inspect the proposal guidelines for indirect cost (IDC) limitations, cost share and document requirements. Advise PIs on correct formatting of proposal documents such as scope of work, biographical sketches, current & pending support, etc. Confirm the appropriate project type and corresponding IDC rate. Recommend revisions to proposal components in accordance with sponsor, institutional, state, federal and college guidelines. Create proposal record in University of Florida Integrated Research Support Tool (UFIRST) proposal module, create federal SF424 if required, ensure all documents are attached appropriately in both modules and route accordingly. Ensure all internal deadlines are met and track proposal through review and approval and work with faculty and DSP to make any needed corrections. If agreement is required, process agreement documents in UFIRST and track through the approval process. Agreements can include non-disclosure, data release, etc. Participates with grant and contracting officers to substantiate budget requests.
- Post-Award Transactions: Review of budgeted personnel on projects to ensure funds are available and spent appropriately, entering of the distributions or completing and submitting a Payroll Distribution/Retro Request Form, if needed, reviews to ensure tuition paid from projects each semester is correct. Coordinates with Animal Sciences Business Office staff to ensure that purchases are appropriately processed and charged to the correct project accounts. Assures that grants have funds in the appropriate category and process budget transfers as needed. Works with Contracts & Grants to provide fiscal backup for agency invoices, as requested.
- Faculty Salary Savings Program (FSSP): Responsible for completing and reviewing with faculty members the FSSP application for each fiscal year and to ensure relevant payroll distributions on projects are entered for each faculty member and distributions on new awards are reported to IFAS Budget and Finance during the fiscal year. Coordinate with the HR staff member each spring for review of faculty summer appointments and correct distribution of pay is processed.
- Faculty Assignment Reports (FARs) and Effort: Responsible for coordinating with the staff in the departmental academic office and Department Chair to complete and submit FARs and Effort Reporting for faculty and staff each semester before the deadline.
- Research Compliance: Attend/participate in relevant training and networking events in research administration to maintain an understanding of and ensure compliance with the OMB Uniform Administrative Requirements, Costs Principles and Audit Requirements for Federal Awards (2 CFR 200). Maintains knowledge of current cost accounting standards (CAS), Institutional Review Board (IRB) for human subjects, IACUC for animal research, financial conflict of interest (FCOI), export control and other UF policies.
$55,000 to $65,000 annually; commensurate with education and experience
This position is open to current UF employees only.
Bachelor’s degree and two years of experience in grant and contract administration; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Valid Florida driver's license.
Prior UF Grant’s management experience, UFIRST, myInvestiGator and myUFL experience.
Knowledge of myufl modules, UF fiscal policies/procedures, HR processes and familiarity with Responsible Conduct of Research at UF.
Experience with federal and state sponsors and their systems, especially USDA/NIFA, Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services (FDACS) and National Institute of Health (NIH).
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter, resume, and list of three references with contact information.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is open to current UF employees only.
Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 19 Oct 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 26 Oct 2021 Eastern Daylight Time