Support StaffPay Grade:
05Major Administrative Unit / College:
Intercollegiate Athletics 10070478Sub Area:
Pay Commensurate with ExperienceLocation:
Position Summary(Basic Job Function)
This is a temporary or an on-call position. Provides professional support. Responsibilities may include general business, science, medical, agricultural or other professional support functions. Term: Temps can work two (2) nine (9) month terms with a week break in service in between and at the end of the second term terminate for three (3) months or switch to an on-call. On-Call allowed to work 1039 hours in any twelve (12) month period.
Unit Position Summary
Michigan State University Athletic Department is seeking two reliable, professional receptionists to serve in an on-call, part-time position. The receptionist is the first point of contact for the entire department. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Welcome on-site guests, determine nature of business, and announce guest to appropriate staff.
- Answer telephone inquiries and direct to appropriate department/person.
- Take and deliver messages or transfer calls to voicemail when appropriate staff is unavailable.
- Order supplies from inventory list when items are low.
- Assist with clerical duties including faxing, copying, and organizing files (electronically).
- Answer questions about the athletic department and provide callers with address, directions, and other information as requested.
- Check messages and forward to appropriate person.
- Miscellaneous tasks such as: proofreading documents, creating Excel spreadsheets, gathering information for various people in department, other duties as assigned.
- Assist with packaging and sending mail
- Assist in the creation of travel requests
- Find shift coverage on your own, in the event you are sick or have a conflict in schedule.
- Positive attitude and team player.
- Computer proficiency (Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint) and comfort learning new applications as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Familiarity with general office machines (copier, printer, etc).
- Comfort and experience interfacing with various levels of staff and management.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
Required Application Materials
The university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Advertised: Oct 12, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time