Job Number: 496453About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Faculty - Health Professions
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Faculty (Rank TBD) - Occupational TherapyLocation:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Commensurate With ExperiencePay Basis:
Annually Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Teach undergraduate or graduate course(s) in the classroom as assigned.
2. Select teaching and evaluation strategies appropriate to the students and setting.
3. Present ideas clearly.
4. Create a climate that is conducive to learning.
5. Stimulates intellectual curiosity.
6. Provide and maintain a reliable schedule of office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation and consultation.
7. Participate in department and college-wide committees and meetings.
8. Engage in curriculum development related to current and new courses.
9. Maintain a personal professional development plan, which may include research and/or other creative activities, to assure growth and currency within the academic field.
10. Display behavior consistent with professional ethics.
11. May manage subordinates in the classroom or laboratory.
12. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the University's policies and applicable laws.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
2. Ability to effectively present information to students, public groups, or professional organizations in the English language.
3. Ability to work with appropriate mathematical concepts specific to the particular discipline.
4. Ability to apply concepts to practical situations.
5. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
6. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.).Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures:
1. Current National Board Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) and State of Florida licensure required as of date of hire.Required Education:
Doctoral DegreeMajor (if required): Required Experience:
1. Minimum of five (5) years of related clinical and/or teaching experience, as well as evidence of scholarship.
2. Must be a graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Terminal degree (Ph.D., Sc.D., Ed.D., or other related terminal degree) in appropriate area of specialization.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Jun 25, 2020 Eastern Daylight Time