Job Number: 496497About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Miami, Florida
Department: Davie Med Clinic MA Pool
Categories: Administrative / Office Support
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Miami, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
$14.50 - $14.87Pay Basis:
Hourly Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs daily clinic functions such as interviewing patients, measuring vital signs and recording information in electronic health record to ensure quality patient care.
2. Assists NSU physicians/residents in providing patient care to ensure quality of patient care.
3. Performs routine laboratory tests, injections or treatments under the direction of the attending physician to ensure quality of patient care.
4. Maintains patient rooms by making sure rooms are clean, fully stocked and equipment is operational to ensure cleanliness and efficient patient's visits.
5. Provides patients with basic instructions and information regarding examination procedures to ensure patient education.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Computer literate.
2. Knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine treatment to patients.
3. Knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures that are applicable to work performed.
4. Ability to work in fast pace environment.
5. Ability to understand and follow verbal or written instructions.
6. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
7. Ability to maintain confidential information.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment / supplies, to include but not limited to syringes, pens, pencils and computer keyboards.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures:
1. Certification in Medical Assisting.
2. Must have completed a Medical Assisting externship.Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
Minimum one (1) year of current relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
1. CRP Certification
2. Minimum six (6) months performing phlebotomy.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Jul 01, 2020 Eastern Daylight Time