Job Number: 496815About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Allopathic-Medical Education
Categories: Faculty - Health Professions
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Adjunct Faculty-Clinical EducatorsLocation:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Adjunct FacultyJob Category: Hiring Range: Pay Basis:Subject to Grant Funding?:Essential Job Functions:
1. Teach, supervise and evaluate students in clinical setting (Classroom, skill/simulation lab, hospital, or community).
2. Identify appropriate clinical assignments based on course objectives.
3. Facilitate students meeting course objectives by providing appropriate learning experiences.
4. Evaluate student performance in meeting clinical objectives.
5. Maintain communication with course director and Chair, Department of Medical Educator.
6. Attend all required NSU and clinical facility training and orientation programs.
7. Complete lab referrals as indicated for individual students.
8. Complete anecdotal records as indicated for individual students.
9. Maintain professional relationships with faculty, staff, clinical facilities, and students.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Medicine - Comprehensive knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventative health-care measures.
2. Biology - Thorough knowledge of plant and animal organisms, their tissues, cells, functions, interdependencies, and interactions with each other and the environment.
3. Education & Training - Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
4. English Language - Thorough knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
5. Psychology - General knowledge of human behavior and performance, individual differences in ability, personality, and interests; learning and motivation; psychological research methods; and the assessment and treatment of behavioral and affective disorders.
6. Customer & Personal Service - General knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of user satisfaction.
7. Therapy & Counseling - General knowledge of principles, methods, and procedures for diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of physical and mental dysfunctions, and for career counseling and guidance.
8. Sociology & Anthropology - General knowledge of group behavior and dynamics, societal trends and influences, human migrations, ethnicity, cultures and their history and origins.
9. Mathematics - General knowledge of arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
10. Administration & Management - General knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, budgeting, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources.
1. Advanced skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
2. Proficient skills in teaching others how to do something.
3. Proficient understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
4. Proficient skills in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
5. Proficient skills in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
6. Proficient skills in understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
7. Proficient skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
8. Proficient skills in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
9. Proficient skills in monitoring / assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
1. The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
2. The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
3. The ability to read and understand information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
4. The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
5. The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
1. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
2. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, mobile devices, and computer keyboardsJob Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures:
M.D. or D.O. with completed residencyRequired Education:
Doctoral DegreeMajor (if required):
MedicineRequired Experience: Preferred Qualifications:
Evidence of excellent teaching in a health care setting.
Clinical and classroom teaching experience in undergraduate medical education program.Is this a safety sensitive position?Background Screening Required?Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Advertised: Jul 31, 2020 Eastern Daylight Time