Job Number: 497019About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Faculty - Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Psychology, Education
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Adjunct Faculty, Clinical Mental Health CounselingLocation:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Adjunct FacultyJob Category:
Commensurate with experiencePay Basis:
Annually Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Professional identity as a counselor educator.
2. Committee to the professional field of counselor education as evidenced by education, teaching counseling experience, research, and professional affiliations, such as AMHCA, ACES and ACA.
3. Experience in teaching graduate level courses.
4. Commitment to diversity and multicultural counseling competencies.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures:
Licensed/licensed eligibleRequired Education:
Doctorate degree in Counselor Education (doctoral degree must be earned and conferred by date of hire)Major (if required): Required Experience: Preferred Qualifications:
1 .Licensed or Licensed-eligible as a Licensed Mental Health Counselor in Florida
2..Hold Certification or is certification-eligible with NBCC
3. Holds terminal doctoral degree from a CACREP-accredited program and documented experience in the field of clinical mental health counseling
4. Active professional involvement with NBCC and ACA
5. Available to teach ground-based courses in Fort Lauderdale during the summer termIs this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Advertised: Sep 28, 2020 Eastern Daylight Time