Job Number: 498240About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Anesthesia-Ft. Laud, MS
Categories: Faculty - Health Professions
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Faculty (Rank TBD) - Anesthesiology/Fort Lauderdale - 994923Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Commensurate with experiencePay Basis:
Annually Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Teach undergraduate or graduate Anesthesiology course(s) in the classroom as assigned.
2. Select teaching and evaluation strategies appropriate to the students and setting.
3. Present ideas clearly.
4. Create a climate that is conducive to learning.
5. Provide and maintain a reliable schedule of office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation, and consultation.
6. Participate in department, college-wide, and university-wide committees and meetings.
7. Engage in curriculum development related to current and new courses.
8. Maintain a personal professional development plan, which may include research or other creative activities, to assure growth and currency within the academic field.
9. Display behavior consistent with professional ethics.
10. May manage subordinates in the classroom or laboratory.
11. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the University's policies and applicable laws.
12. Mentor and/or orient new faculty as assigned.
13. Adaptability and willingness to teach courses and/or perform special duties as assigned.
14. Participate in state and/or local community service that is a recognized form of career development.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
2. Ability to effectively present information to students, public groups, or professional organizations in the English language.
3. Ability to work with appropriate mathematical concepts specific to the particular discipline.
4. Ability to apply concepts to practical situations.
5. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
6. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.).Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures:
Current certification and eligible for licensure in the State of Florida.Required Education:
Master's DegreeMajor (if required): Required Experience:
Masters degree in appropriate area of specialization and minimum three (3) years of related experience and/or training, including research.Preferred Qualifications:
Terminal degree in related area of specialization.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Dec 03, 2020 Eastern Standard Time