Job Number: 499466About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Dentl-NMB Clinic
Categories: Healthcare - Clinic Administration, Medical Professionals & Technicians
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Patient Management Coordinator - 995061Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Commensurate with experiencePay Basis:
Hourly Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Oversees day-to-day clinic operations to ensure smooth operations.
2. Manages student's/resident's patient flow to ensure curriculum needs are met.
3. Schedules patient appointments to ensure smooth patient flow and business operations.
4. Enters/reviews/monitors data and/or accounts in clinical information systems and other NSU specific systems to ensure accurate processing and recordkeeping.
5. Monitors student's/resident's patient queue to ensure patients receive timely follow-up care.
6. Responds to internal (NSU) and external inquiries and resolves problems requiring broad understanding of policies and procedures to ensure questions are answered and issues resolved timely.
7. May be required to work various shifts including evening.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Enters and verifies patient insurance eligibility and processes referral authorizations according to policies to ensure accuracy and timeliness of requests.
2. Enters and reviews patient billing for 3rd party insurance or self pay to ensure accurate processing and recordkeeping.
3. Discusses financial payments and payment options available to patients to ensure optimal customer service and revenue collection.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Computer literate.
2. Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
3. Excellent customer service and phone etiquette skills.
4. Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
5. Ability to maintain confidential information.
6. Ability and willingness to provide coverage in other areas/facilities.
7. Proactive, punctual and reliable.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards. Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
High School Diploma and minimum two (2) years of related experience;
Associate's Degree and one (1) years of related experience.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Associate's Degree.
2. One (1) year of experience as a Patient Access Representative.
3. Two (2) years working in a dental environment.
4. Experience with Electronic Medical Record system.
5. Multi-lingual.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Jan 15, 2021 Eastern Standard Time