Job Number: 499488About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Healthcare - Clinic Administration, Medical Professionals & Technicians
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Patient Account Representative I - 992867Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Commensurate with experiencePay Basis:
Hourly Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Responds to inquiries and resolves discrepancies involving moderately complex financial transactions in a timely manner, requiring a general understanding of work-area policies and procedures.
2. Reviews, follows up, and appeals for aged insurance balance accounts to ensure timely revenue collection through use of EDI clearinghouse, payer portals, worklog and reports for NextGen and/or Axium.
3. Reviews and processes delinquent unpaid accounts by patients accounts eligible for collections.
4. Processes referrals or authorizations as required by payers.
5. Processes claims for multiple payer types (Commercial, Managed Care, Blue Cross, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.).
6. Ensures assigned claims meet clearinghouse and/or payer processing criteria.
7. Ensures appropriate follow-up on assigned work lists.
8. Ensures work meets departmental productivity and quality review standards.
9. Communicates issues regarding claims follow-up process and potential resolutions.
10. Works with payer response reports and rejection reports to meet Departmental Productivity and Quality Review Standards.
11. Complies with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
12. Operates computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
13. Operates 10-key calculators, typewriters, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents.
14. Debits, credits, and totals accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
15. Checks figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
16. Reconciles or notes and reports discrepancies found in records.
17. Resolves discrepancies in accounting records.
18. Accesses computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
19. Generates reports to ensure timely information is available for management use.
20. Complies with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
21. Completes special projects as assigned.
22. Performs other duties as assigned or required.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. General knowledge of MS Office Suite (Outlook, Word and Excel).
2. Clerical - General knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
3. English Language - General knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
4. Customer and Personal Service - General knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of user satisfaction.
1. Active Listening - Proficient skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
2. Reading Comprehension - Proficient understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
3. Speaking - Proficient skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
4. Critical Thinking - Basic skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
5. Mathematics - Basic skills in using mathematics to solve problems.
1. Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
2. Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
3. Mathematical Reasoning - The ability to choose the right mathematical methods or formulas to solve a problem.
4. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
5. Information Ordering - The ability to arrange things or actions in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
1. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
2. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
3. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
4. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
5. May be required to work nights or weekends.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
Minimum three (3) years' experience years of related healthcare billing support experience.Preferred Qualifications: Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Jan 28, 2021 Eastern Standard Time