Job Number: 499661About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: B.S. Behavioral Neuroscience
Categories: Faculty - Arts, Humanities, Social Sciences, Psychology, Education
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Assistant Professor - Computational Neuroscientist - 991969Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
commensurate with experiencePay Basis:
Annually Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. General- Conduct research in computational biology/neuroscience theory and method, and apply them to both basic scientific discovery and advancement of applied sciences to achieve the Clinical Systems Biology Group and Institute for Neuro-Immune Medicine's overall goals; Generate and report data and results and lead or assist in preparation and publishing of data in scientific journals; may use discretion in prioritizing and organizing work flow.
2. Computational Research - Supports the development of advanced computational methods and tools, and performs research related to computational biology and neuroscience; collaborate with other scientists in determining the order of research processes that best support essential project goals; use discretion in prioritizing and organizing daily workflow.
3. Teaching - continue to the instruction and development of the neuroscience core curriculum, including the teaching neuroscience course. Experience in molecular biology wet lab skills is important.
4. Operational Support - Assist with maintaining daily operation of computational infrastructure, monitor and maintain operation of web servers and databases.
5. Research Coordination - Coordinate and implement other research support activities associated with assigned projects to support the goals of research.
6. Scientific Presentation - Communicate research discoveries through presentations within the Institute and at regional, national and/or international scientific meetings and through publications in scientific peer reviewed journals.
7. Equipment usage and Maintenance - Correctly operate and properly maintain laboratory equipment.
8. Troubleshooting - Identify issues in research protocol and helping to identify and implement modifications in research methodologies; consult scientific literature as needed.
9. Data Collection and Management - Generate, identify, collect, manage and retain research generated data; ensure that sufficient records are kept and good record keeping practices are followed to document experimental methods, accuracy of data collected and methods and accuracy of data interpretation; exclusively adopt and use the Institute-provided, electronic research data management system to ensure an orderly dated and secure data repository.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Responsible for routinely checking email correspondence and associated attachments
2. Other duties as assignedRequired Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Expertise in bio-statistical analysis
2. Knowledge of algorithm development, computer programming, software engineering and biological research
3. Skilled in technical proficiency, scientific creativity, collaboration with others and independent thought ability to develop applications to assist with biological data analysis and interpretation
4. Ability to connect and apply scientific knowledge in research
5. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations; ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
6. Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry; ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
7. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule formJob Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
Ph.D.Major (if required):
Quantitative sciences, computational biology/neuroscience, computer science, molecular biology/science, engineering, or other related field requiredRequired Experience: Preferred Qualifications: Is this a safety sensitive position?
Yes Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Advertised: Mar 04, 2021 Eastern Standard Time