Job Number: 499589About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Davie Opt Dispensary
Categories: Healthcare - Clinic Administration, Medical Professionals & Technicians
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Ophthalmic Lab Technician - 999478Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Hourly Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Fabricates ophthalmic prescription lenses (block, edge and mount lenses and spectacle frames) and verifies accuracy and quality of prescription eyewear generated in-house or received from outside laboratories to ensure quality of materials dispensed in accordance ANSI standards.
2. Monitors patient eyewear orders, utilizes applicable systems for ophthalmic lens acquisition, returns lenses that do not meet industry standards for quality or prescription, and places reorders to ensure accurate patient prescriptions, timely delivery of eyewear and high patient satisfaction.
3. Maintains lab invoice records and inventory for lenses, eyeglass parts, accessories, fabrication materials and ophthalmic tools to ensure efficient lab operations and inventory control.
4. Maintains ophthalmic edger, orders supplies, and submits repair requests for equipment malfunctions to ensure efficient lab operations.
5. Creates patient eyewear orders in NextGen Optik, selects appropriate frame, lenses and options to provide the best visual clarity and comfort based on prescription, measure and fit frame and lenses accurately to ensure high patient satisfaction.
6. Performs spectacle repairs, adjustments, lens verifications, and dispense completed spectacles to patients, while providing appropriate patient education to ensure the patients visual needs are met and patient is satisfied.
7. Other duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Keep workplace in orderly fashion.
2. Attend meetings/additional trainings as necessary.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Demonstrated knowledge of optical dispensary techniques and operation, including selection, fabrication, and repair of eyeglasses.
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
3. Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy.
4. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
5. Ability to maintain confidential information.
6. Strong administration skills ? organized, thorough, systems orientated with meticulous attention to detail.
7. Proactive, punctual and reliable.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
1. Must have adequate manual dexterity to perform repair functions on eyewear.
2. Must be able to climb, bend, and carry optical supplies.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
4. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
5. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
6. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.
7. Must be able to climb, bend, and carry patient records and supplies.
8. Must be able to lift items weighing in excess of 10lbs.
9. May be required to work nights and weekends.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
Two years prior experience in an optical facility.Preferred Qualifications:
1. State of Florida Optician License.
2. Bilingual Spanish/English.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Mar 02, 2021 Eastern Standard Time