Job Number: 499642About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Adjunct Faculty
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Nursing-Entry Level BSN
Categories: Healthcare - Clinic Administration, Medical Professionals & Technicians
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Adjunct Faculty (Entry BSN)/Ft. LauderdaleLocation:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Adjunct FacultyJob Category: Hiring Range:
Commensurate with experiencePay Basis: Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Teach, supervise and evaluate students in clinical setting (hospital, community, skill or simulation laboratories).
2. Identify appropriate clinical assignments based on course objectives.
3. Facilitate students meeting course objectives by providing appropriate learning experiences.
4. Evaluate student performance in meeting clinical objectives.
5. Maintain communication with course lead faculty and Director of Clinical Services.
6. Attend all required NSU and clinical facility training and orientation programs.
7. Complete lab referrals as indicated for individual students.
8. Complete anecdotal records as indicated for individual students.
9. Maintain professional relationships with clinical facilities.Marginal Job Functions:
Type of shift varies based on requirements of teaching assignments. Weekend/evening teaching may be required.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Recent clinical experience and knowledge of assigned clinical rotation.
2. Basic understanding of electronic medical record (EMR) systems.
3. Ability to assess and evaluate student performance.
4. Ability to communicate with all stakeholders.
5. Ability to clearly communicate in writing.
6. Create climate that is conducive to learning.
7. Role model professional behaviors. Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures:
1. Active, unencumbered Florida RN or ARNP license
2. Current immunizations (as required by clinical facilities)
3. Basic Life Support and/or other certifications related to teaching assignment. Required Education:
Master's DegreeMajor (if required):
Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) or related fieldRequired Experience:
Minimum of two years recent clinical experience in area of teaching assignment.Preferred Qualifications:
Clinical and classroom teaching experience in undergraduate nursing program preferred.
Doctoral degree in nursing or related discipline preferred. Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Advertised: Mar 01, 2021 Eastern Standard Time