Job Number: 499769About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Healthcare - Clinic Administration, Medical Professionals & Technicians
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Patient Navigator - 991978Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Non-ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
Hourly Subject to Grant Funding?:
Yes Essential Job Functions:
**This job description reflects assignment of essential job functions and does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned**.
**This position is subject to Grant funding**
1. Works with Dental Directors and other providers and auxiliaries on management of patient oral health issues.
2. Assists in patient satisfaction surveys.
3. Assists with performance data entry and tracking of quality indicators.
4. Consult with patients' caregivers, healthcare and social services providers to facilitate access and utilization of services.
5. Schedule patient appointments, facilitate transportation, insurance information and medical record needs.
6. Respond appropriately to the concerns of patients, outside agencies and other third party personnel.
7. Responsible for the distribution and retrieval of
diagnostic data (prescriptions, lab tests and blood test results).
8. Remain apprised of activities, current and planned, with the programs.
9. Greet patients and visitors in a courteous, professional manner.
10. Check for completeness of record and input all information into computer.
11. Perform necessary office and clerical functions.
12. Answer phone calls in an accurate and timely manner, while being professional and courteous. Maintain message log.
13. Other duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Answer routine questions from students, patients, faculty and staff and refer them to appropriate personal when unable to assist them.
2. Scan Axium documents into appropriate tabs on a daily basis.
3. Use discretion to determine priorities or ask direct supervisor.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. The incumbent must have the ability to perform many tasks in a relatively short time frame.
2. The ability to analyze facts, exercise judgment and arrive at valid conclusions is essential for this position.
3. Strong proficiency in computer skills.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
High School Diploma and four (4) years' experience in a directly related field,
Associates Degree or 60 college credits and two (2) years' experience in a directly related field,
Bachelor's degree and one (1) year experience in a directly related field,Preferred Qualifications: Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Apr 02, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time