Academic Support Peer Tutor Temp. - Student EmploymentVarious, FL • ID: 21080 • Temporary
Florida SouthWestern State College is now accepting resumes to work as an Academic Support Peer Tutor for the 2021-2022 academic year. The Academic Support Peer Tutor provides tutorial assistance to FSW students for various academic courses and within a Peer Tutoring Center location or in other campus approved locations. A trained Peer Tutor provides supplementary instruction/content tutoring in assigned courses, assists in the integration of effective learning and study strategies, and encourages students seeking tutorial services to strive for academic independence.
If you possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities, you may be a great Peer Tutor:
- Must be currently enrolled in classes at Florida SouthWestern State College
- Must currently have and maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be recommended by at least one faculty member in at least one of the approved content courses to be tutored
- Must be in good disciplinary standing with the College
- Excellent time management, organizational, and communication skills
- Must be reliable, responsible, confident, and sincere
Salary: $12.00 hourly
Please click here to view the complete job description and if interested, or If this position sounds like an opportunity to which you aspire, please submit your resume for consideration to become one of the best, the brightest, the BUCS!
Florida SouthWestern State College, an equal access institution, prohibits discrimination in its employment, programs and activities based on race, sex, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or veteran status. Questions pertaining to educational equity, equal access or equal opportunity should be addressed to the College’s Title IX Coordinator/Equity Officer.