Electronics/Engineering Adjunct Tracking Code508-666Job Description
School of Computer Science & School of Building and Architecture Technology
Minimum Qualifications: Master's degree in electronic/electrical engineering by an accredited institution or a Master’s degree with a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in Electronics and related area.
- Ability to utilize different methods in delivering course material.
- Ability to create hands-on labs for theoretical concepts.
- Industry working experience is a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to bring field related experiences to the topics presented in class.
- Experience with Robotics and Simulation or Alternate energy is desirable.
- Instruct students in lab procedures and lab assignments.
- Evening hours may be required.
- Proven past history of developing and maintaining working relationships with others.
- Teach courses in accordance with college and departmental policies and procedures, as well as Basic Course
- Prepare and submit timely grade reports and other reports on student performance as may be scheduled or required.
- Organize class activities and assignments, relating them to the overall learning outcomes of the course.
- Provide input and work with other faculty and staff to review, produce and/ or select course-related materials.
- Teach intoductory courses in electronic/electrical field as well as advanced topics, such as Microprocessors and Robotics, Digital and Wireless communication, Alternate energy.
- Explain the proper usage of lab equipment, and safety considerations.
- Provide clear lab instructions, and supervise students during lab experiments.
- Motivate students in all learning aspects of education.
- Provide regular and timely feedback to students concerning their performance in the course.
- Maintain expertise is subject area, and recommend improvement.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of the subject area(s) in which the individual is responsible for instruction.
- Knowledge and understanding of the fundamentals of effective communication and of effective instruction.
- Knowledge and understanding of the characteristics and challenges of community college students.
- Knowledge and understanding of principles of curriculum development.
- Computer literate and able to navigate in a Windows environment.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Complete application files will be accepted on a continuous basis and remain active for one year.
Note: All Adjunct positions are part-time, temporary assignments (for no more than one semester at a time) dependent upon student enrollment and the instructional needs of the College.
For consideration, applicants must submit an online application by scrolling to bottom of this page and selecting the appropriate apply button. A completed online application consists of: an electronic job application, current vita/resume, and unofficial transcripts.
Submissions that do not include all required information will not be considered.
Foreign transcripts must include an official transcript evaluation which interprets equivalency to U.S. graduate credits. Any candidate hired must supply official transcripts within 30 days of employment.
Criminal background checks and fingerprinting are required.
For more information, please contact us at telephone 386.506.4505 or visit our website at http://www.DaytonaState.edu
Daytona State College prohibits discrimination and assures equal opportunity in employment and education services to all individuals without regard to age, ancestry, belief, color, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, and veteran status. For more details, read our policy at this site http://www.daytonastate.edu/hr/equalaccess.html or contact: Lonnie Thompson, Director of Equity and Inclusion 386-506-3973 or 1200 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach.
Daytona State College, Human Resources Department, 1200 W. International Speedway Boulevard, Daytona Beach FL 32114
Job LocationDaytona Beach, Florida, United StatesPosition TypePart-Time