Job Number: 500032About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Dentl-Infection Ctrl
Categories: Healthcare - Clinic Administration, Medical Professionals & Technicians
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Instrument Inventory Coordinator - 991952Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
$12.50 an hourPay Basis:
Hourly Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
• Prepares and maintains daily and monthly inventory records of dental instruments.
• Reports discrepancies in inventory that may indicate loses, such as too little inventory at last count.
• Responsible for the daily inspection and maintenance of dental instruments.
• Contacts appropriate manufacturer for replacement or repair of instruments.
• Tracks the replacement of parts or broken items.
• Completes and submits instrument order requests in Ariba as requested by supervisor.
• Identifies problems to ensure a constant instrument flow.
• Organizes and cleans work area daily to comply with regulatory requirements.
• Provides support with instrument distribution for D1 and D2 instrument kits and for the rest of students.
• Ensures compliance with applicable sterilization protocols as per OSHA and NSU rules and regulations.
• Acts as a back-up to instrument sterilization technicians.
• Completes other projects as assigned.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Assist with investigations on inventory shortages and discrepancies.
2. Participates in continuous improvement processesRequired Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Customer and Personal Service - Working knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
2. Knowledge of inventory management procedures and general warehousing practices.
3. Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word and Word.
1. Complex Problem Solving – Basic skills in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
2. Time Management - Basic skills in managing one's own time.
3. Critical Thinking - Basic skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
1. Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage time, problem solve, and work as part of a team.
2. Ability to organize, document and keep accurate records.
3. Oral Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
4. Written Expression - The ability to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
5. Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
6. Number Facility - The ability to add, subtract, multiply, or divide quickly and correctly.
7. Detail Oriented - The ability to pay attention to details, understand underlying cause/effect relationships, and account for those details and relationships.
8. Multi-Tasking - The ability to perform multiple tasks simultaneously without error.
Physical Requirements and Working Environment:
1. Lift up to 50 lbs.
2. Standing for long periods of time
3. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
4. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
5. Near Vision - Must be able to see details at close range (within a few feet of the observer).
6. May be required to work nights or weekends.
7. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
8. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, and computer keyboards.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
1. Minimum (1) year of experience working with inventory control and record keeping, or stockroom related duties.
2. Experience working in a fast paced clinical or healthcare environment.Preferred Qualifications:
Familiar with quality improvement standards and inventory trackingIs this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Advertised: May 25, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time