Job Number: 499874About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Public Safety Administration
Categories: Public Safety
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Communication Systems Operator - 996667Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Non-ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
Hourly Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Follows departmental guidelines on customer service to ensure quality customer service is provided to internal and external stakeholders.
2. Promptly answers to requests consistent with Public Safety standards to ensure a timely customer service experience.
3. Monitors and promptly responds to alarms for NSU properties and responds to ensure safety of NSU community.
4. Conducts accurate and timely investigations using electronic resources in support of crime prevention and risk management to ensure a safe campus.
5. Uses surveillance methods to identify suspicious activity and respond accordingly to ensure a safe NSU environment.
6. Creates and maintains records of calls received to ensure accurate logging.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.
Must be able to work any day and on any shift, including nights, weekends and holidays.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
2. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
3. Ability to multitask.
4. Conflict management skills.
5. Ability to work under pressure.
6. Ability to maintain composure and professionalism in stressful situations.
7. Proficient knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; data entry and typing skills; Internet research abilities.
8. Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy.
9. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
2. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
One or more years Customer Service, Administrative, police dispatch or call center experience.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Previous dispatch center experience.
2. Typing more than 30 words per minute.
3. Previous surveillance control experience.
4. Previous electronic access control experience.
5. Previous alarm monitoring experience.Is this a safety sensitive position?
Yes Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: May 06, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time