Job Number: 500051About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: No Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Hospitality - Grande Oaks Golf Course
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
No BenefitsJob Category:
Non-ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
Hourly Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs clean up and sanitation maintenance activities for the food preparation areas, storage facilities, holding and serving equipment to ensure proper sanitation procedures.
2. Monitors dish machine water temperature to ensure sanitary wash cycle.
3. Washes dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, and pans to ensure adequate levels of clean items are available for Club use.
4. Distribute and properly store clean pod dishes, utensils, food and beverage products throughout the kitchen to ensure kitchen workers have immediate access to them.
5. Washes and polishes stainless steel in kitchen, including shelves, dish cabinets, ice machines, coffee station to ensure an orderly work area.
6. Sweeps and mops kitchen floors, sorts and removes trash, placing it in the designated pickup areas.
7. Cleans garbage cans with water and or steam to ensure a clean and safe work area.
8. Maintains and operates the dishwasher and area. Reports any functional mechanical problems to ensure dish machine is clean and working order.
9. Cleans dish machine thoroughly after each meal period to ensure preparation for the next shift.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Must be able to walk, stand, sit, stoop or bend for the duration of an (8) hour shift.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience: Preferred Qualifications:
Dishwashing experience is preferred.Is this a safety sensitive position?
Yes Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Advertised: May 25, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time