Job Number: 499958About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Fam-Baudhuin Preschl
Categories: Teaching - JK - 12
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
ESE Teacher - 998257Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
Annually Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
*This position is contingent on the availability and continuation of external-funding and/or contract. As such, any offer of employment may be withdrawn or employment ended in the event the external funding and/or contract ceases or is reduced.
1. Assess individual children's levels, strengths, weaknesses and learning styles.
2. Develop, update, and implement IEP's.
3. Record and maintain school, classroom, and students' information such as attendance, student files, referral information, progress reports, lesson plans, curriculum development, collection of data etc.
4. Attend and participate in departmental/division meetings, planning projects, activities and school related evening programs.
5. Prepare daily and weekly lesson plans in a manner that is responsive to the individual strengths and needs of the children; share in a team or grade level planning.
6. Establish and maintain a positive learning environment that reflects the school's philosophy.
7. Refer students, when necessary, following school procedures.
8. Communicate with parents and professional staff on a regular basis.
9. Conduct parent conferences.
10. Integrate technology into the teaching-learning process.
11. Maintain proper discipline and assist students in developing self- discipline and a sense of responsibility.
12. Establish humanistic, systematic classroom code of conduct.
13. Participate in arrival/dismissal, playground and lunchtime supervisory responsibilities as assigned by the Director.
14. Attend faculty meetings.
15. Attend PTO meetings when needed.
16. Oversee Teacher Assistant and/or Aide.
17. Oversee undergraduate and graduate students.
18. Provide training.
19. Register for the 45-hour training classes within the first 90 days of employment and complete such training's within first year of employment.
20. Complete eight (8) in-service credit hours per school year.
21. Other duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Ability to lift, carry, and put down up to fifty (50) pounds on a continuous basis. Repeated lifting and placing down of children required.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures:
1. Valid State of Florida Statement of Eligibility or verification of written application and transcripts with degree conferred.
2. Passing scores on the state required General Knowledge Test (or CLAST test) within the first year of employment.
3. Passed the Florida Teacher Certifications for ESE and Pre-K/Primary PK3.SE within six months of employment.Required Education:
Bachelor's DegreeMajor (if required): Required Experience:
1. Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
2. Experience working with special needs children.Preferred Qualifications:
Master's degree in Special Education or related field.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: May 27, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time