Job Number: 499956About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Davie-Eye Low Vision
Categories: Healthcare - Clinic Administration, Medical Professionals & Technicians
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Low Vision Technician - 999421Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Non-ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
Hourly Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides technical assistance with the selection and fitting of spectacle frames and specialty low vision lenses, mounted telescopes and other low vision devices to ensure the best visual outcome for patients including appropriate patient education.
2. Measures, orders and verifies specialty low vision lenses and devices to ensure accurate prescriptions and materials.
3. Processes and reconciles authorizations, governmental low vision agency approvals, insurance claims, and EFT payments in a timely manner including follow up of accounts receivables to ensure maximum collection of revenue.
4. Maintains adequate level of inventory and prepares reports at the end of the fiscal and calendar year to ensure adequate inventory and reduce shrinkage.
5. Orders low vision devices and maintains inventory list to ensure adequate record keeping.
6. Other duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Maintain work station in neat and orderly fashion.
2. Assist supervisors and other office staff in special projects.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Proficient knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; data entry skills; Internet research abilities.
2. Knowledge of office practices and procedures (e.g., filing, answering telephones, and supply/equipment ordering).
3. Ability to enter data in NSU systems accurately.
4. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
5. Ability to maintain confidential information.
6. Strong administration skills ? organized, thorough, systems orientated with meticulous attention to detail.
7. Proactive, punctual and reliable.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
1. Must have adequate manual dexterity to perform repair functions on eyewear.
2. Must be able to climb, bend, and carry optical supplies.
3. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
4. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
5. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
6. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.
7. Must be able to climb, bend, and carry patient records and supplies.
8. Must be able to lift items weighing in excess of 10lbs.
9. May be required to work nights and weekends.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
At least one year experience in an optical or related retail setting.Preferred Qualifications:
Bilingual English/SpanishIs this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: May 27, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time