Job Number: 499936About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Physical Plant
Categories: Facilities Management - Design, Construction, Maintenance, Skilled Trades
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Maintenance Technician II - 993144Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Non-ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
Hourly Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs semi-skilled labor in trades such as carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing to ensure proper upkeep of NSU facilities.
2. Performs minor/major repairs and/or replacement of fixtures, valves, devises, appliances, windows, doors, hardware, screens or furniture as required to ensure proper upkeep of NSU facilities.
3. Performs preventive maintenance by identifying and reporting through the work order system defects, deterioration and wear and tear on the facilities to ensure issues are resolved proactively.
4. Operates, repairs and maintains various power and hand tools to ensure safe and productive handling.
5. Provides on the job training and guidance to Maintenance Technician I to ensure quality standards.
6. Operates, repairs and maintains various power and hand tools.
7. Inspects campus facilities on a routine basis and correct deficiencies found.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. Available on call 24/7 for University emergencies.
2. Participates in the on call rotation.
This list is representative of those duties and responsibilities that are required of this position. However, the list is not to be considered as all inclusive. A supervisor may assign other duties to meet mission requirements of the University and cooperation of all personnel is expected to carry out the mission.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Performs basic painting of buildings and furnishings.
2. Assists with special event setups.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisory staff at all levels and the NSU community.
3. Ability to express ideas effectively and concisely.
4. Ability to work effectively in a service oriented environment and with frequently changing priorities.
5. Ability to follow through and carry out assignments.
6. Problem solving skills and sound judgment.
7. Ability to understand and apply University and Departmental policies and procedures.
8. Knowledge of proper and safe use of tools, lubricating chemicals etc.
9. Knowledgeable in the procedures and safety measures in area(s) of specialty.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull a variety of tools, equipment and materials.
2. Must be able to safely lift 85 lbs.
3. Must be able to climb, balance, stoop, kneel and crouch to gain access to pipes, wiring and equipment.
4. Handles a variety of hand and power tools.
5. Near-visual acuity needed to read equipment diagrams and inspect parts.
6. Depth perception, field of vision and color vision needed in fitting and installing parts.
7. Exposed to wet and very hot conditions.
8. Exposed to noise and vibration from operating machinery.
9. Must be able to lift any trade tools, material and equipment.
10. Must be able to reach overhead.
11. May be required to work in confined areas to access equipment.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures:
Have and maintain a valid Florida Driver license with no more than three (3) points.Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
Three (3) or more years experience in the care and maintenance of similar facilities.Preferred Qualifications:
Trade or technical certification.Is this a safety sensitive position?
Yes Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: May 26, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time