Job Number: 500209About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Annual Fund
Categories: Development - Alumni, Donor, & Community Relations / Fundraising & Advancement
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Director, Annual Fund - 996875Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Commensurate with experiencePay Basis:
Annually Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Develops and maintains an annual giving plan and financial goals, including program budget.
2. Collaborates with Deans and unit Directors of Development to build strategic and tactical plans for achieving annual fund goals.
3. Establishes, implements, manages and evaluates an annual calendar of activities that proactively engages constituents including alumni, faculty and staff, and friends whose interests encompass diverse areas including but not limited to the arts and athletics.
4. Develops comprehensive faculty and staff campaign.
5. Stewards current annual leadership donors with communications, personal visits, calls, and invitations.
6. Establishes benchmarks and monitors progress for the annual giving program; produces regular, comparative annual giving status reports and evaluates the response according to different criteria (segmentation, class year, participation rate, etc).
7. Develops creative themes and designs including brochures, promotional materials, appeals and other related print and online content.
8. Identifies effective segmentation and establish processes to improve data integrity and to track and analyze fundraising results in consultation with Advancement Services.
9. Provides leadership to student employee(s) who will manage the stewardship and phone center outreach.
10. Works closely with the alumni program staff to promote alumni giving through communications and events.
11. Provides regular reports on established benchmarks to the Executive Director and other duties as assigned.
12. Provides primary supervision of designated staff.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Must be creative and strategic in creating a comprehensive University-wide Annual Giving Program.
2. Must be highly articulate and able to handle confidential information appropriately.
3. Must have excellent and persuasive communications skills for writing for, presentation to, and interaction with donors and prospects.
4. Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across campuses.
5. Proficiency with CASE guidelines for gift counting.
6. Proficiency with IRS regulations regarding charitable giving.
7. Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
8. Ability to work with minimal supervision and use independent judgment.
9. Ability to use computer software programs with proficiency, specifically including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.
10. Excellent organization skills.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures:
Valid Florida driver's license and automobile insurance.Required Education:
Bachelor's DegreeMajor (if required): Required Experience:
1. Seven (7) years of professional fundraising experience.
2. At least two (2) years of supervisory experience.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Experience conducting face to face solicitation.
2. Experience using Banner software.
3. Master's Degree preferredIs this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Jun 17, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time