Job Number: 500049About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Master Medical Informatics
Categories: Faculty - Health Professions
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Chair/Director/Faculty (Rank TBD) - 998786Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Commensurate with experiencePay Basis:
Annually Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Teaches College of Osteopathic Medicine course(s) in the classroom or in small group discussion or laboratory as assigned.
2. Teaches and works closely with the faculty of the other College of Osteopathic Medicine graduate programs.
3. Oversees and directs the operations of the Master of Science in Biomedical Informatics (MSBI) program including but not limited to finances, admissions, and recruiting.
4. Provides ongoing review and revisions to the curriculum of the MSBI program and the biomedical informatics courses in the DO curriculum.
5. Provides and maintains a reliable schedule of office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation and consultation.
6. Participates in department and college wide committee meetings.
7. Engages in curriculum development related to current and new courses including incorporation of Biomedical Informatics into the DO curriculum.
8. Maintains a personal professional developmental plan which may include research or other creative activities to assure growth within the specified field or discipline.
9. Displays professional behavior and ethics in all aspects of job performance.
10. Participates in AMIA and other health informatics organizations.
11. Performs other appropriate duties as assigned by the Assistant Dean, the Dean, or designee.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Displays adaptability and willingness to teach courses and/or perform special duties as assigned when applicable.
2. Participates in state, local and/or national community services recognized as a form of career development.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, and support staff at all levels.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
Doctoral DegreeMajor (if required):
Biomedical/Health Informatics, Information Systems, Computer Science, and/or Health SciencesRequired Experience:
Two (2) years of teaching, administrative, and/or research experience at an accredited institution.Preferred Qualifications: Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions: Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Jun 03, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time