Job Number: 500262About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Master of OT (MOT), FTL
Categories: Faculty - Health Professions
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Faculty (Rank TBD)/Doctoral Capstone Coordinator - Occupational Therapy/Fort Lauderdale - 999046Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Commensurate with experiencePay Basis:
Annually Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Ensures continued compliance with university and program policies & procedures, as well as ACOTE Standards for Capstone.
2. Places students to Capstone sites in accordance with curricular requirements.
3. Effectively responds to students' queries in matters pertaining to fieldwork.
4. Maintains capstone files in accordance with department policies and accreditation requirements.
5. Ensures Capstone Mentors and Capstone site meet established ACOTE Standards.
6. Reviews and updates Capstone policies and procedures.
7. Oversees student orientation to Capstone assignments and Capstone policies and procedures.
8. Researches, implements, and maintains a computer database that will track Capstone site/ Capstone supervisor effectiveness, student progress, student placement, etc.
9. Monitors student progress while they are in Capstone.
10. Coordinates new site development and works with NSU legal counsel to obtain and maintain appropriate affiliation agreements.
11. Manages individual Capstone issues as they occur.
12. Identifies students at risk of failing Capstone and follows established procedures.
13. Supervises Capstone support staff to ensure compliance with ACOTE Standards and department policies and procedures.
14. Teaches Capstone related courses, including content for mandatory compliance training, to include CPR, licensures requirements, etc.
15. Ensures students have met all requirements for Capstone, including medical immunizations, background checks, and other requirements as they develop.
16. Ensures clear and timely communication between students on Capstone, Capstone mentor, and appropriate course instructors.
17. Ensures that Capstone sites and Capstone supervisors are in congruence with program's curricular design and ACOTE Standards, including continuing education of Capstone mentors as appropriate.
18. Provides and maintains a reliable schedule of office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation and consultation.
19. Teaches assigned courses with a focus on occupation- and evidence-based practice and teaching and evaluation strategies appropriate to the students and setting.
20. Collaborates with fellow faculty members within the department, college, and division to develop and participate in courses, research projects, university & community service, and scholarly activities.
21. Engages in curriculum development related to current and new courses.
22. Engages in scholarly activities within and outside of the department.
23. Supervises and direct activities of Capstone faculty.
24. Performs other duties as assigned or required.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
2. Ability to effectively present information to students, public groups, or professional organizations in the English language.
3. Ability to work with appropriate mathematical concepts specific to the particular discipline.
4. Ability to apply concepts to practical situations.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures:
1. Initial National Board Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
2. State of Florida licensure required as of date of hire.Required Education:
Doctoral DegreeMajor (if required): Required Experience:
1. Doctoral Degree in Occupational Therapy or Bachelors or Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy with a Doctoral Degree in related area of specialization.
2. Minimum of two (2) years of clinical experience and have a record of excellence in academic administration and teaching.
3. Must be a graduate of an accredited Occupational Therapy program.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Terminal degree (Ph. D.M.D., D.O., or O.T.D., or other related terminal degree) in appropriate area of specialization preferred.
2. Three (3) years of academic experience and have a record of excellence in academic administration and teaching preferred.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Jul 20, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time