Job Number: 500267About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Family Therapy Admin
Categories: Faculty - Health Professions
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Faculty Rank TBD - Family Therapy - 998714Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Commensurate with experiencePay Basis:
Annually Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
General Responsibilities as a Faculty Member:
1. Assist in the recruitment and admission of students to department.
2. Participate in the establishment of academic standards to be met by the students.
3. Participate in the establishment of curricula and the approval of all courses of instruction.
4. Participate in the setting of requirements for all degrees to be conferred.
5. Participate in the certification of students who have completed requirements for degrees and the recommendation of such students to the Board of Trustees.
6. Assist in the establishment of general standards to be met by the educational and research programs conducted within the College.
7. Evaluate students fairly on the basis of their academic performance.
8. Encourage free and open discussion, inquiry, and expression by students.
9. Provide competent instruction and advisement.
10. Treat information about students' beliefs, academic records, political attitudes, and personal lives as confidential information.
11. When engaging in professional activities inside or outside the University, refrain from any activities which would constitute academic misconduct, a conflict of interest, or the appearance of a breach of professional ethics.
Specific Teaching Responsibilities:
1. Instruction in graduate courses.
2. Research, writing, thesis, and dissertation supervision.
3. Practica and field placement supervision.
4. Curriculum oversight.
5. Participation in faculty meetings and on Departmental, School, and University committees.
6. Contribute to continuing education and post-graduate training programs.
7. Timely submission of syllabi to academic administrators.
Specific Professional Responsibilities:
1. Publications in refereed journals.
2. Authorship of books, texts, book chapters, etc.
3. Publication of other relevant writing.
4. Principal investigator on contracts and/or grants or serving as a consultant.
5. Editor or associate/consulting editor of a journal.
6. Reviewer for a journal.
7. Juried presentations at professional meetings or public forums.
8. Office in a local, state, national or international academic/professional association.
9. Departmental, School, and University services.
10. Community services.
Specific Responsibilities by Faculty Rank:
Professors are teachers and scholars who have made (and continue to make) substantial, highly regarded, peer-reviewed scholarly contributions to the University, higher education, or their academic areas of specialization.
These contributions include publications (referred journals and/or scholarly books), professional presentations, academic innovations, service and/or research grants, qualitative and/or quantitative research projects, teaching, program development, and professional service. Professors have significant publication records, presentation experiences, grant applications, new program development initiatives, and public recognition for professional service. Professors demonstrate significant commitment to their students, the College and University, their local community, and their national organizations. Professors participate in hiring faculty members, and they help facilitate curriculum evaluation, revision, and innovation within the College and University.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Education and Training – General knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training effects.
2. English Language - Thorough knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
3. Customer and Personal Service - General knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of user satisfaction.
1. Speaking - Advanced skills in talking to others to convey information effectively.
2. Instructing - Proficient skills in teaching others how to do something.
3. Reading Comprehension - Proficient understanding of written sentences and paragraphs in work-related documents.
4. Writing - Proficient skills in communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
5. Learning Strategies - Proficient skills in selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
6. Active Listening - Proficient skills in giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
7. Active Learning - Proficient skills in understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
8. Critical Thinking - Proficient skills in using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
9. Complex Problem Solving - Proficient skills in identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
1. Deductive Reasoning - The ability to apply general rules to specific problems to produce answers that make sense.
2. Inductive Reasoning - The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (including finding a relationship among seemingly unrelated events).
3. Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
1. Speech Recognition - Must be able to identify and understand the speech of another person.
2. Speech Clarity - Must be able to speak clearly so others can understand you.
3. Travel - Must be able to travel on a daily and/or overnight basis.
4. May be required to work nights or weekends.
5. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
6. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils, mobile devices, and computer keyboards.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures:
AAMFT Approved Supervisor status or demonstrate eligibility.Required Education:
Doctoral DegreeMajor (if required): Required Experience:
1. Background in systemic theory, therapy, teaching, and supervision.
2. Research background in qualitative and/or quantitative methodologies.Preferred Qualifications: Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Jul 21, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time