Job Number: 500467About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Part Time without Benefits
Location: Clearwater, Florida
Categories: Healthcare - Clinic Administration, Medical Professionals & Technicians
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Faculty (Rank TBD) - Psychiatry - 991913Location:
Tampa, FloridaWork Type:
Part Time without BenefitsJob Category:
Commensurate With ExperiencePay Basis:
Annually Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Teach College of Osteopathic Medicine courses in the classroom or in small group discussion or laboratory as assigned.
2. Participate in ambulatory and hospital patient care and on call schedule.
3. Provide consultative services to college outpatient clinics.
4. Participate in small groups, laboratories, etc. as requested.
5. Provide and maintain a reliable schedule of office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation and consultation.
6. Participate in department and college wide committee meetings.
7. Engage in curriculum development related to current and new courses.
8. Maintain a personal professional development plan, which may include research or other creative activities to assure growth within field.
9. Display professional behavior and ethics in all aspects of job performance.
10. Perform other duties as assigned or required.Marginal Job Functions:
1, Participate in state and/or local community services recognized as a form of career development.
2. Adaptability and willingness to teach courses, provide patient care and/or perform special duties as assigned.
3. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues, supervisors and support staff at all levels.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities: Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures:
Board certification in appropriate area of specialization.Required Education:
Terminal Degree (Highest degree in field of study - DO/MD)Major (if required): Required Experience:
Must have at least five (5) years of administrative/clinical experience.Preferred Qualifications: Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Jul 29, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time