Job Number: 500373About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Nursing-Entry Level BSN
Categories: Healthcare - Clinic Administration, Medical Professionals & Technicians
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Faculty (Rank TBD) - Nursing - 994893Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Commensurate with experiencePay Basis:
Annually Subject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Teaches undergraduate or graduate course(s) in the classroom and online as assigned.
2. Selects teaching and evaluation strategies appropriate to the students and setting.
3. Presents ideas clearly.
4. Creates a climate that is conducive to learning.
5. Stimulates intellectual curiosity.
6. Provides and maintains a reliable schedule of office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation and consultation.
7. Participates in department and college-wide committees and meetings.
8. Engages in curriculum development related to current and new courses.
9. Maintains a personal professional development plan, which may include research and/or other creative activities, to assure growth and currency within the academic field.
10. Displays behavior consistent with professional ethics.
11. Performs other duties as assigned or required.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Ability to read, analyze and interpret common scientific and technical journals.
2. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format.
3. Ability to effectively present information to student, public groups, or professional organization.
4. Ability to work with appropriate mathematical concepts specific to the particular discipline.
5. Ability to apply concepts to practical situations.
6. Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
7. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, etc.).
8. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables simultaneously.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures:
1. Active, unencumbered RN or ARNP license from any state in the U.S.
2. An active Florida RN or ARNP License (or be eligible for).Required Education:
Master's DegreeMajor (if required): Required Experience:
1. Three (3) years of teaching experience.
2. Must obtain a doctoral degree in nursing or related field within six (6) months of employment.Preferred Qualifications:
Ed.D. or Ph.D. in Nursing or closely related field.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Jul 30, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 27, 2022 Eastern Daylight Time