Job Number: 500530About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: No Benefits, Temporary
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Alumni Relations Prog
Categories: Development - Alumni, Donor, & Community Relations / Fundraising & Advancement
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Temporary Administrative AssistantLocation:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
No BenefitsJob Category:
Non-ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
Subject to Grant Funding?:Essential Job Functions:
1. Process and tracks, donations for appeals, including budgetary items.
2. Acts as gatekeeper of all alumni relations and annual giving, representing NSU and University Advancement to internal and external stakeholders.
3. Composes, edits, proofreads, and types and emails and complex documents, creates mail merges and performs mass mailings, photocopy and collates complex material to ensure timely communication and retention of documents and reports.
4. Prepares various forms and documents; verify for discrepancies and follows up to ensure accuracy.
5. Enters data and generates reports from NSU specific software systems to ensure accurate processing and record keeping related to alumni updates and alumni/donor records.
6. Schedules meetings/appointments/events and coordinates travel to ensure timely scheduling.
7. Scans, files and archives forms and documents using electronic/manual filing systems.
8. Supports event planning and execution: managing master calendar (outlook and excel), handling invitations, RSVP's, guest registration, event supply ordering and preparation, follow up and coding.
9. Process gifts and donations and prepare transmittals according to department policy.
10. Orders, receives and maintains inventory and supplies for department, anticipating upcoming needs.
11. Process expense reports, check requests and vendor requisitions using NSU software.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Assists with other administrative functions.
2. Performs special projects as assigned.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Proficient knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; data entry skills; Internet research abilities.
2. Knowledge of office practices and procedures (e.g., filing, answering telephones, and supply/equipment ordering).
3. Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy.
4. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
5. Ability to maintain confidential information.
6. Strong administration skills - organized, thorough, systems orientated with meticulous attention to detail.
7. Proactive, punctual and reliable.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills; skilled in diplomacy in dealing with all types of people in a friendly manner.
9. Ability to prioritize tasks and complete tasks on time.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
High School Diploma and three (3) years of administrative experience in an office environment.
Associate's Degree and two (2) years of administrative experience in an office environment.Preferred Qualifications: Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Advertised: Aug 09, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time