Job Number: 500482About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: VP Facilities Mngt
Categories: Student Life/Services - Housing, Recreation, Activities
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Administrative Coordinator I - 999722Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
HourlySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Coordinates administrative activities / functions within department to ensure efficient operations.
2. Responds to inquiries and resolves non-routine problems requiring broad understanding of work-area policies and procedures to ensure questions are answered and issues resolved in a timely manner.
3. Reviews data and follows up on discrepancies to ensure accuracy.
4. Enters data and generates reports from NSU specific software systems to ensure accurate processing and record-keeping.
5. Acts as a liaison to various departments within NSU and the Division of Student Affairs in order to manage the operational functions and financial activities of the department.
6. Inputs student housing contracts and works closely with the Manager for Student Housing Assignments to assure student housing requirements are satisfied.
7. Maintains and updates student housing records to ensure students have adequate health insurance.
8. Prepares and submits purchase orders, check requests, budget reconciliation, and budget transfers for the department.
9. Conducts cross-training sessions for the front office operations staff.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Performs special projects as assigned.
2. Schedules travel arrangements for departmental staff.
3. Coordinates and schedules room reservations for all Residence Halls.
4. Schedules maintenance for the office van when needed.
5. Assists in the department's check-in and check-out processes and other Student Affairs wide events.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Proficient knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; data entry skills; Internet research abilities.
2. Knowledge of office practices and procedures (e.g., filing, answering telephones, and supply/equipment ordering).
3. Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy.
4. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
5. Ability to maintain confidential information.
6. Strong administration skills - organized, thorough, systems orientated with meticulous attention to detail.
7. Proactive, punctual and reliable.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
High School Diploma and three (3) years of administrative experience in an office environment, and/or coordinating a function within office.
Associate's Degree and two (2) years of administrative experience in an office environment, and/or coordinating a function within an office.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Associate's degree.
2. Previous accounting or bookkeeping experience.
3. Familiarity with Banner, Ariba, and AdAstra programs.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Aug 11, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time