Job Number: 500608About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Davie Eye Cl-PC
Categories: Healthcare - Clinic Administration, Medical Professionals & Technicians
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Patient Access Representative - 997220Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Non-ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
HourlySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Acts as the patient registrar according to the clinic's established policies such as; verifying demographics and insurance information, and providing patient support to ensure optimal patient service.
2. Resolves patient/customer complaints and concerns to ensure high patient satisfaction.
3. Reviews data in clinical information systems to ensure providers have included necessary patient information, procedure codes and insurance is billed correctly.
4. Schedules patient appointments to ensure smooth patient flow and business operations.
5. Receives and processes payments from patients according to the clinic's established policies and procedures to ensure optimal revenue collection.
6. Ensure that all patient related activities occur in a timely manner so patient flow is not interrupted and patient satisfaction is ensured.
7. Ability and willingness to provide coverage in other areas/facilities.
8. Performs other required duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
2. Assist supervisors, faculty and students in special projects as required.
3. Attend meetings/additional training as necessary.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Proficient knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; data entry skills; Internet research abilities.
2. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
3. Excellent customer service and phone etiquette skills.
4. Proficient bookkeeping skills.
5. Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy.
6. Ability to maintain confidential information.
7. Strong administrative skills ? organized, thorough, systems orientated with meticulous attention to detail.
8. Ability and willingness to provide coverage in other areas/facilities.
9. Proactive, punctual and reliable.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
1. Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
2. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
3. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
4. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
5. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.
6. Must be able to climb, bend, and carry patient records and supplies.
7. Must be able to lift items weighing in excess of 10lbs.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
1. High School Diploma and one (1) year of customer service / administrative experience in an office environment.
Associate's Degree and six (6) months of customer service / administrative experience in an office environment
2. Ability and willingness to provide coverage in other areas/facilities.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Associate's Degree and six (6) months of healthcare experience.
2. Experience with Electronic Medical Record system.
3. Multilingual.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Aug 16, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time