Job Number: 500607About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Dentl-NMB Clinic
Categories: Healthcare - Clinic Administration, Medical Professionals & Technicians
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Dental Assistant - 995991Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Non-ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
HourlySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides chair side assistance to students, residents and faculty in designated sections to ensure excellent customer service.
2. Takes digital x-rays to ensure correct diagnosis.
3. Maintains equipment and inventory of dental supplies to ensure availability of instruments for students, residents, and faculty to ensure effective operation.
4. Monitors oral sedation or general anesthesia procedures to ensure patient comfort.
5. Plans the set-up of the operatories and instruments according to the scheduled procedures to maximize operations.
6. Maintains operatories according to proper infection control protocols to ensure adherence to OSHA and infection control regulations.
7. Assists with sterilization and dispensing to ensure efficient operations.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Knowledge of four-handed dentistry.
2. Knowledge of x-ray techniques.
3. Knowledge of infection control and OSHA protocols.
4. Excellent organization and interpersonal skills.
5. Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
6. Ability to maintain confidential information.
7. Ability and willingness to provide coverage in other areas/facilities.
8. Proactive, punctual and reliable.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. Exposed to dental materials or chemicals used in dental operatories or laboratories including, but not limited to latex, acrylic, glutaraldehyde, etc.
5. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of dental equipment/supplies to include but not limited to sharp instruments, syringes, pens, pencils and computer keyboardsJob Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures:
Expanded Duties Certificate.Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
1. Minimum one (1) year experience as a Dental Assistant in a dental office, or have graduated from an approved Dental Assisting Educational Program
2. Foreign trained dentist with Expanded Duties Certificate.
3. Radiology certificate or obtain within 90 days from hire.Preferred Qualifications:
Experience using with dental software.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Aug 16, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time