Job Number: 500697About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida, Miami, Florida
Department: Neuro-Immune Institute Research
Categories: Healthcare - Clinic Administration, Medical Professionals & Technicians
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Patient Access Coordinator-992006Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Commensurate with experience Pay Basis:
HourlySubject to Grant Funding?:
Yes Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs daily front desk operations including financial transactions to ensure optimal revenue collection.
2. Schedules patient appointments to ensure smooth patient flow and business operations.
3. Enters /reviews data and/or accounts in NSU specific software systems.
4. Responds to internal (NSU) and external inquiries and resolves complex problems requiring broad understanding of policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
5. May lead, train and monitor the work of clinical staff to ensure work is performed according to clinic standards.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Computer literate.
2. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
3. Demonstration leadership skills.
4. Excellent customer service and phone etiquette skills.
5. Ability to multi-task in a fast pace environment.
6. Ability to maintain confidential information.
7. Proactive, punctual and reliable.
8. Ability and willingness to provide coverage in other areas/facilities.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.
5. Must be able to lift items weighing in excess of 10lbs.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School DiplomaMajor (if required): Required Experience:
High School Diploma and minimum three (3) years of directly related experience or in similar position.
Associates' Degree and minimum two (2) years of directly related experience or in similar position.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Associate's Degree.
2. Minimum two (2) years of healthcare experience.
3. Experience with Electronic Medical Record system.
4. Multilingual.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Aug 26, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time