Job Number: 500664About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Temporary
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Health Care Sciences
Categories: Administrative / Office Support
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Temporary Administrative AssistantLocation:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Non-ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
HourlySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Coordinates activities/functions within the college to ensure efficient operations.
2. Responds to inquiries and resolves non-routine problems requiring broad understanding of work-area policies and procedures in a timely manner to ensure questions are addressed and resolved.
3. Reviews data and follows up on discrepancies to ensure accuracy.
4. Enters data and generates reports from systems such as Ariba, Banner, Paytrax and/or other NSU specific systems to ensure accurate processing and record keeping.
5. Assists in the periodic updating of college materials as needed. Coordinates room and scheduling assignments, including scheduling online courses as needed.
6. Participates and coordinates weekday, weekend and evening program events; such as, retreats, receptions, end-of-rotations, institutes as needed. Coordinates audiovisual, technology requirements, and food services for such events.
7. Oversees the requisition, receipt, and inventory of equipment and/or supplies as needed.
8. Performs other duties as requiredMarginal Job Functions:
1. Assists with other administrative functions.
2. Performs special projects as assigned.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Proficient knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; data entry skills; Internet research abilities.
2. Knowledge of office practices and procedures (e.g., filing, answering telephones, and supply/equipment ordering).
3. Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy.
4. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
5. Ability to maintain confidential information.
6. Strong administration skills - organized, thorough, systems orientated with meticulous attention to detail.
7. Proactive, punctual and reliable.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills.Job Requirements:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
High School Diploma and two (2) years of administrative experience in an office environment.
Associate's Degree and one (1) year of administrative experience in an office environment.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Knowledge of NSU and the College of Health Care Sciences.
2. Familiarity with Ariba, Banner, Kronos, Paytrax, and other NSU systems.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.Sensitivity Disclaimer:
ADA Addendum Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Aug 24, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time