Job Number: 500644About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: NMB-Eye Contact Lens
Categories: Healthcare - Clinic Administration, Medical Professionals & Technicians
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Contact Lens Technician - 995289Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Non-ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
HourlySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides technical assistance with the ordering and verification of contact lenses to ensure the best visual outcome for patients.
2. Assists with the processing of authorizations, medically necessary services and contact lenses, and insurance claims to ensure services rendered are accurate and processed in a timely manner.
3. Participates in the ordering of diagnostic and stocked contact lenses and supplies to ensure that inventory is maintained at the appropriate level and that supplies are replenished as necessary.
4. Performs inventory analysis and prepares reports at the end of the fiscal and calendar year to ensure adequate inventory and reduce shrinkage.
5. Other duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Assist supervisor in special projects and studies as assigned.
2. Work cooperatively with Chief Operations Officer regarding budgetary issues to ensure that all accounts are received and/or paid accurately.
3. Maintain work area in neat and orderly fashion.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Proficient knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; data entry skills; Internet research abilities.
2. Knowledge of office practices and procedures (e.g., filing, answering telephones, and supply/equipment ordering).
3. Ability to enter data in NSU systems accurately.
4. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
5. Ability to maintain confidential information.
6. Strong administration skills - organized, thorough, systems orientated with meticulous attention to detail.
7. Proactive, punctual and reliable.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.
5. Must be able to climb, bend, and carry patient records and supplies.
6. Must be able to lift items weighing in excess of 10lbs.
7. May be required to work nights and weekends.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
One (1) year of clerical and/or customer service experience.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Bilingual Spanish/English.
2. One years contact lens experience.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Aug 27, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time