Job Number: 500648About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Student Health Service
Categories: Healthcare - Clinic Administration, Medical Professionals & Technicians
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Medical Assistant - 995964Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Non-ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
HourlySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs daily clinic functions such as interviewing patients, measuring vital signs and recording information in electronic health record to ensure quality patient care.
2. Assists NSU physicians/residents in providing patient care to ensure quality of patient care.
3. Performs routine laboratory tests, injections or treatments under the direction of the attending physician to ensure quality of patient care.
4. Maintains patient rooms by making sure rooms are clean, fully stocked and equipment is operational to ensure cleanliness and efficient patient's visits.
5. Provides patients with basic instructions and information regarding examination procedures to ensure patient education.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment / supplies, to include but not limited to syringes, pens, pencils and computer keyboards.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Computer literate.
2. Knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in administering routine treatment to patients.
3. Knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures that are applicable to work performed.
4. Ability to work in fast pace environment.
5. Ability to understand and follow verbal or written instructions.
6. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
7. Ability to maintain confidential information.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures:
Medical Assistant Certification.Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
Minimum one (1) year of current relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
1. CRP Certification.
2. Minimum six (6) months performing phlebotomy.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Aug 27, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time