Job Number: 500709About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Phys Therapy-Main Campus
Categories: Administrative / Office Support
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Administrative Coordinator I - 994825Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Commensurate with experiencePay Basis:
HourlySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Coordinates activities/functions within the department to ensure efficient operations.
2. Responds to inquiries and resolves complex problems requiring broad understanding of work-area policies and procedures in a timely manner to ensure questions are addressed and resolved.
3. Reviews data and follows up on discrepancies to ensure accuracy.
4. Enters data and generates reports from systems such as Ariba, Banner, Kronos, Paytrax and/or other NSU specific systems to ensure accurate processing and record keeping.
5. Assists in updating the academic calendar and the periodic updating of program materials, such as the student handbook, program brochure, catalogue, and other program publications. Coordinates room and scheduling assignments, including scheduling online courses. Maintains department files and databases in accordance with accreditation guidelines.
6. Serves as the initial contact and program liaison for program and academic-related matters; communicates with internal and external stakeholders. Advises students of campus resources; such as, Financial Aid, Registrar, Admissions, One-Stop-Shop. Stays current on the availability of those services and works closely with those resources regarding program issues.
7. Participates and coordinates weekday, weekend and evening program events; such as, meetings, retreats, receptions, end-of-rotations, and institutes. Coordinates audiovisual, technology requirements, and food services for such events.
8. Responsible for the maintenance of student records; such as, grade recording and reporting, student evaluations of courses and faculty, online student reporting systems, student health records. Assists with tracking student progress. Maintains site preceptor files.
9. Travels, as needed, to Student Education Centers, conferences, and career fairs for training and program marketing purposes.
10. Responsible for the maintenance of didactic course information; creates course reference numbers (CRNs), organizes records of course syllabi, objectives, and materials, maintains didactic curriculum test bank and testing materials; orders textbooks and other necessary materials.
11. Prepares and submits supply orders, purchase orders, work orders. Submits travel requests, travel arrangements, and reimbursements for faculty. Oversees the requisition, receipt, and inventory of equipment and/or supplies for the clinical curriculum; develops systems to track purchases and inventory; manages equipment repairs and annual inspections.
12. Performs other duties as assigned or required.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Assists with other administrative functions.
2. Performs special projects as assigned.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Proficient knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; data entry skills; Internet research abilities.
2. Knowledge of office practices and procedures (e.g., filing, answering telephones, and supply/equipment ordering).
3. Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy.
4. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
5. Ability to maintain confidential information.
6. Strong administration skills - organized, thorough, systems orientated with meticulous attention to detail.
7. Proactive, punctual and reliable.
8. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
High School Diploma and three (3) years of administrative experience in academics, healthcare, business, or related area.
Associate's Degree and two (2) years of administrative experience in academics, healthcare, business, or related area.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Knowledge of NSU and the College of Health Care Sciences.
2. Familiarity with Ariba, Banner, Kronos, Paytrax, and other NSU systems.
3. Familiarity with Ariba, Banner, Kronos, Paytrax and other NSU systems.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.Sensitivity Disclaimer:
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Sep 10, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time