Job Number: 500715About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Library Research Tech Center
Categories: Library Services
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Librarian II, Systems - 996175Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
AnnuallySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides vision and leadership in organizing and maintaining the Alvin Sherman Library web site and integrating it with the larger library web presence, which includes subject guides, search and discovery tools, digital collections, and electronic resources.
2. Ensures that library web services and applications are tailored for targeted user groups, including distance education users, campus-based users, Broward County patrons, and library staff.
3. Evaluates site analytics and provide reports to departments; analyze reports with departments to make sure important pages are receiving enough traffic; suggest changes to improve visibility of targeted pages or restructuring for better clarity.
4. Supports online discovery as a member of the Library Web Team, of library resources via the integrated library system (ILS) and associated products. Activities may include service configurations, integrations, upgrades, enhancements or other fixes; day to day management, maintenance, troubleshooting and user support. Particular attention is paid to discovery environment with a focus on interface usability and accessibility.
5. Acts as a liaison between OIIT other stakeholders (e.g. librarians, library staff, faculty, etc.). Provides education about library resources and services to outside departments.
6. Provides advice, training, and support for library staff involved in web content creation. Establish and enforce web standards and styles; ensuring conformance to accessibility guidelines. Create and maintain technical documentation as needed.
7. Performs other duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Troubleshoot access issues for the library's electronic resources.
2. Supervise students and interns as needed.
3. Serve on Library, University, and external committees as appropriate, and participate in scholarly and professional activity.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Familiarity with current and emerging library technologies including resolvers, OPACs, federated search, and discovery tools.
3. Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
4. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of library principles, practices and techniques.
5. Demonstrated ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
6. Demonstrated organization and problem solving skills.
7. Ability to work both independently without direct supervision as well as in a team environment.
8. Considerable knowledge of general community needs and interests in relation to library services in the areas of specialization.
9. Demonstrated knowledge of resources and delivery of services.
10. Showing potential leadership ability by successful participation in small teams, committees, or projects.
11. Evidence of creative contributions and accomplishments to the department and to the NSU Libraries.
12. Evidence of cross-departmental collaboration.
13. Evidence of professional and educational development through ongoing continuing education leading to a specialization in a work related field.
14. Evidence of professional growth, including participation and contributions to the profession. This can include service on library committees; service for professional organizations at a local, regional or national level; presentations given on and off campus; published articles and research.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
Master's DegreeMajor (if required): Required Experience:
1. Masters of Library Science degree from an ALA accredited school or foreign equivalent.
2. Experience in web design that demonstrates compliance with W3C standards for functionality and accessibility.
3. Experience working independently on multiple complex projects.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Experience in academic and/or research library environment.
2. Experience using an integrated library system, preferably Sierra.
3. Experience developing solutions for adapting content for mobile devices.
4. Experience with an enterprise-level content management system.
5. Experience with Microsoft SharePoint, including: use of its web-based application features, such as lists, forms, template creation, etc.
6. Experience with conducting usability studies.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Sep 13, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time