Job Number: 500865About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Categories: Development - Alumni, Donor, & Community Relations / Fundraising & Advancement
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Senior Director of Advancement - Museum of Art - 998450Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Commensurate with experiencePay Basis:
AnnuallySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Manages a pool of approximately 150-200 individuals. This pool should represent a balance of individuals at various stages in the development continuum. As a guideline, the following distribution is recommended (the mix might change based on the status of the campaign or project): Cultivation; Solicitation; Stewardship.
2. Makes or causes to be made 150 meaningful contacts per year. Based on experience, a full time major gifts officer can make 200 face-to-face personal calls per year. However, other meaningful contacts may be included, such as joint visits with the senior management team, Vice President, or President. Each meaningful contact MUST be reported through the prospect management system by filing a contact report.
3. Makes or causes to be made a minimum an appropriate number of major gift solicitations each year. This should produce 25-30 gifts at major gifts level and a number of gifts at a lesser level.
4. Identifies new prospects to be managed through the prospect management system that have the inclination and capability to qualify as major gift prospects. In general, 50 individual contacts will have to be made to identify and qualify 15-20 new prospects and these prospects will replace individuals who have been removed from the prospect pool.
5. Leads the planning and implementation of a strategic development plan for the assigned area of focus in collaboration with management.
6. Supervises colleagues who have gift planning, events, major gifts and annual giving solicitation responsibilities; develops gift planning and annual giving solicitation strategies, information, and other related data with the purpose of raising philanthropic dollars through various solicitation vehicles.
7. Organizes and addresses public gatherings; conducts meetings of volunteers and donors designed to identify prospective donors and advance prospects.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Represents the University and the Division at activities as needed.
2. Participates in divisional and university committees, as requested.
3. Creates office systems to support all processes and procedures for project operations.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills.
2. Computer experience including Internet research, MS Word, Excel, and Power Point, Windows and relational database experience. Familiarity with Banner software a plus.
3.Ability to travel extensively in assigned geographic territory and to other off-site locations as requested.
4. Highly organized: able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
5. Ability to independently organize and schedule appointments to assure that targets for number of personal visits and/or personal contacts are met each week.
6. Works with minimal supervision and uses independent judgment.
7. Ability to travel.
8. Must be disciplined, detailed and result-oriented.
9. Must be highly organized and able to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures:
Valid driver's license and automobile insurance.Required Education:
Bachelor's DegreeMajor (if required): Required Experience:
1. Five (5) to seven (7) years experience in major gifts, planned giving, or senior level development work with preference for background in higher education or healthcare philanthropy or Art Museums.
2. Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible fund-raising experience.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Master's degree.
3. Experience in development at an academic institution with a strong emphasis in major gift and capital campaign achievements.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Sep 27, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time