Job Number: 500771About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Library Research Tech Center
Categories: Library Services
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Librarian II, Reference & Instruction - 996184Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
AnnuallySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Design and maintain instructional modules and assessment instruments for the instructional library services.
2. Create and deliver a wide range of information literacy services to students and faculty, including classroom teaching, LMS courses, and individualized training.
3. Recommend suitable materials in all formats for the Alvin Sherman Library collections for assigned subject area.
4. Provide professional reference service to all NSU-affiliated library users, both local and distance, and Broward County users in person, by phone, and via computer.
5. Maintain a working relationship with faculty in assigned subject area and keep them informed about current library issues.
6. Review course offerings and syllabi in subject area and make recommendations for purchase to ensure that the Alvin Sherman Library's collections support curriculum and research needs.
7. Liaison to NSU academic centers.
8. Market bibliographic instruction services to the NSU faculty, students, and staff.
9. Identify and incorporate emerging technologies in instructional initiatives as appropriate.
10. May be expected to assume responsibility for supervision of library support staff, volunteers, and/or student employees.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Attend professional library meetings away from the campus, representing the library to the larger community. Participate in SEFLIN committees/events as needed. Contribute to the profession in areas such as service, library or university committee work, professional activities, or research.
2. Act as liaison and promote library services to NSU students, faculty, and staff, and Broward County users.
3. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of library principles, practices and techniques.
2. Demonstrated skills in using current technologies, including online searching.
3. Demonstrated ability to express ideas effectively, both orally and in writing.
4. Demonstrated organization and problem solving skills.
5. The ability to work both independently without direct supervision as well as in a team environment.
6. Considerable knowledge of general community needs and interests in relation to library services in the areas of specialization.
7. Demonstrated knowledge of resources and delivery of services.
8. Showing potential leadership ability by successful participation in small teams, committees, or projects.
9. Evidence of creative contributions and accomplishments to the department and to the NSU Libraries.
10. Evidence of cross-departmental collaboration.
11. Evidence of professional and educational development through ongoing continuing education leading to a specialization in a work related field.
12. Evidence of professional growth, including participation and contributions to the profession. This can include service on library committees; service for professional organizations at a local, regional or national level; presentations given on and off campus; published articles and research.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
Master's DegreeMajor (if required): Required Experience:
1. Master's in Library Science from an ALA-accredited school.
2. Two years professional library experience.
3. Undergraduate or advanced degree in Business or two (2) years' experience as a Business librarian or two (2) years of collection development.Preferred Qualifications:
1.Experience in coordinating the selection and acquisition of library materials.
2. Experience working with faculty.
3. Experience working with budgets.
4. Experience teaching in classroom
5. Bilingual: English - SpanishIs this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Sep 28, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time