Job Number: 500783About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: VP Facilities Mngt
Categories: Facilities Management - Design, Construction, Maintenance, Skilled Trades
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Asst Dispatch ControllerLocation:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Non-ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
HourlySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Provides support to department management by taking decisive action during emergencies and last minute requests for special events to ensure proper coverage.
2. Closes work orders to ensure contracted and in-house services meet the requestor's satisfaction.
3. Receives and routes incoming phone calls to the responsible departments to ensure proper response to customers.
4. Schedules the passenger vans and executive vehicles, checks qualifications and certifications of drivers to ensure guidelines are followed.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Serves as the point of contact for outside contractors to check in and out when on campus and to assure work order completion.
2. Operates two way radio communications.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook.
2. 10 Key or numeric data entry skills.
3. Ability to handle a high volume of transactions.
4. Detail oriented.
5. Effective communications skills, verbal and written.
6. Ability to remain calm and take decisive action during emergencies. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
7. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions:
1. May be exposed to prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
2. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
One (1) year experience working as a dispatcher, phone operator, data entry or related experience.Preferred Qualifications: Is this a safety sensitive position?
Yes Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Sep 28, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time