Job Number: 500893About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Ft. Ld Eye Prime Care
Categories: Healthcare - Clinic Administration, Medical Professionals & Technicians
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Optometric Technician - 994216Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Non-ExemptHiring Range: Pay Basis:
HourlySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs ancillary diagnostic tests (ocular photography, OCT, HRT, GDX, etc.) for the diagnosis and treatment of ocular diseases and upload into patient medical record to ensure accurate information is provided to the treating optometric physician.
2. Provides oversight and training to other clinic staff, residents and students regarding the use of specialized equipment and data entry to the patient electronic medical record to ensure accurate test results and adherence to compliance regulations and HIPAA standards.
3. Maintains specialty equipment, monitors necessary software updates, orders supplies as needed, and submits repair requests for equipment malfunctions to ensure efficient patient flow and clinic services.
4. Serves as liaison to promote good communication to appropriate parties (providers, other professionals and/or facilities) that have requested patient information, ensures patient data is scanned accurately into NextGen, and assists with establishing policies and procedures for entering patient correspondences, paper records, test results and prescriptions to ensure accurate medical records in compliance with regulations and HIPAA standards.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion.
2. Attend meetings/additional trainings as necessary.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Proficient knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, and Outlook; data entry skills; Internet research abilities.
2. Excellent written and oral communication skills.
3. Proficient bookkeeping skills.
4. Basic familiarity with medical terminology.
5. Must possess the ability to analyze facts, exercise judgment, and arrive at valid conclusions.
6. Ability to enter and verify information with accuracy.
7. Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
8. Ability to maintain confidential information.
9. Strong administration skills ? organized, thorough, systems orientated with meticulous attention to detail.
10. Proactive, punctual and reliable.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS:
1. Ability to communicate effectively with others.
2. Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels.
3. May be exposed to short, intermittent, and/or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties.
4. May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies, to include but not limited to pens, pencils and computer keyboards.
5. Must be able to climb, bend, and carry patient records and supplies.
6. Must be able to lift items weighing in excess of 10 lbs.
7. May be required to work nights and weekends.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
High School Diploma or EquivalentMajor (if required): Required Experience:
High school and two (2) years experience in a medical work environment.
Associate degree in a medical related field.Preferred Qualifications:
1. Bilingual: Spanish/English; Creole Haitian/English.
2. Experience with electronic medical records.
3. Experience in an optometric/ophthalmologic office setting.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
Yes Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Oct 06, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time