Job Number: 500924About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: Full Time with Full Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Biology BS
Categories: Faculty - Natural Sciences, Computing, Engineering, Oceanography
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Assistant Professor - Biology - 991881Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
Full Time with Full BenefitsJob Category:
Commensurate with experiencePay Basis:
AnnuallySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Teaches the equivalent of eight undergraduate courses per year in various formats as necessary (on campus days, on-campus evenings, off-campus, online.)
2. Participates in curriculum and/or program development, as assigned.
3. Be accessible to students, according to College guidelines; maintain regular office hours for student advising and consultation.
4. Serves and contributes to appropriate college and university committees.
5. Provides community service and participate in university, college and departmental functions that contribute to campus life, such as athletic events, orientation, receptions, etc. Commencement, College faculty meetings, and departmental faculty meeting participation are mandatory.
6. Maintains a personal professional development plan, which may include research/scholarship, teaching and services to assure growth and currency within the academic field.
7. Other duties as assigned by the Department Chair and/or the Dean of the Halmos College of Arts & Sciences and the Guy Harvey Oceanographic Research CenterMarginal Job Functions: Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Proficiency in use of computer hardware and curriculum related software.Job Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures: Required Education:
Doctoral DegreeMajor (if required): Required Experience:
Experience with molecular biologyPreferred Qualifications:
1. Ph.D. in field required
2. At least two years college-level teaching experience.
3. Proficiency in use of computer hardware and curriculum related software.
4. Experience or interest in developing online courses.Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Oct 07, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time