Job Number: 500941About Us:We are excited that you are considering joining Nova Southeastern University!
Work Type: No Benefits
Location: Fort Lauderdale-Davie, Florida
Department: Internal Medicine
Categories: Faculty - Health Professions
Nova Southeastern University (NSU) was founded in 1964, and is a not-for-profit, independent university with a reputation for academic excellence and innovation. Nova Southeastern University offers competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits package including tuition waiver, retirement plan, excellent medical and dental plans and much more. NSU cares about the health, welfare and its students, faculty, staff, and campus visitors and is a tobacco-free university.
We appreciate your support in making NSU the preeminent place to live, work, study and grow. Thank you for your interest in a career with Nova Southeastern University.
NSU considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status or any other legally protected status.Job Title:
Faculty (Rank TBD) - Cardiology - 991871Location:
Fort Lauderdale-Davie, FloridaWork Type:
No BenefitsJob Category:
Commensurate with experiencePay Basis:
AnnuallySubject to Grant Funding?:
No Essential Job Functions:
1. Teaches College of Osteopathic Medicine courses in the classroom or in small group discussion or laboratory as assigned.
2. Participates in ambulatory and hospital patient care and on call schedule as assigned
3. Provides consultative services to college outpatient clinics.
4. Participates in small groups, laboratories, and scholarly activities etc. as requested.
5. Provides and maintains a reliable schedule of office hours for student advising, tutoring, remediation and consultation.
6. Participates in department and college wide committee meetings.
7. Engages in curriculum development related to current and new courses.
8. Maintains a personal professional development plan which may include research or other creative activities to assure growth and current within the field of Internal Medicine and pertinent subspecialty
9. Displays professional behavior and ethics in all aspects of job performance.
10. Works collaboratively at the direction of the Dean and Department Chair on building and operationalizing new programs that expand the department offerings, academic standing and scope. This includes any essential functions/tasks needed to ensure accreditation, maintenance and sustainability.
11. Performs other appropriate duties as assigned by the Department Chair and/or the Dean or her designee.Marginal Job Functions:
1. Adaptability and willingness to teach courses, provide patient care and/or perform special duties as assigned.
2. Participates in national, state and/or local community services and leadership activities recognized as a form of career development.Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
1. Clinical Experience.
2. Knowledge of the medical field.
3. Board certification/active medical license in field of studyJob Requirements: Required Certifications/Licensures:
Board certification in appropriate area of specialization.Required Education:
Terminal Degree (Highest degree in field of study)Major (if required): Required Experience:
Between four (4) to six (6) years of related experience and/or training, including research or equivalent combination or educational and clinical experience.Preferred Qualifications: Is this a safety sensitive position?
No Background Screening Required?
No Pre-Employment Conditions:
To ensure a safe learning environment for students and staff, as a condition of employment the selected candidate will need to provide proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination prior to commencement of employment or an approved exemption and reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons.
Nova Southeastern University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary.
Advertised: Oct 12, 2021 Eastern Daylight Time