: Career ServiceDepartment:
: Niceville, FLPosted:
: Aug 13, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Full-timePosition ID:
About Northwest Florida State College:
In over 50 years of service, Northwest Florida State College has earned a reputation for educational excellence and community involvement. As part of Florida's public system of 28 state and community colleges, NWF State College offers bachelor's degree programs, associate degrees, and certificates.
If you are disabled and need accommodations in order to participate in the application/selection process, please notify Human Resources before the specified closeout date. All qualified persons will be considered on an equal basis. Any applicant grievance should be addressed to the Human Resources Executive Director. NWF State College prohibits any form of discrimination on the basis of age, color, ethnicity, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender in any of its programs, services, or activities. Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans for Career Service positions. NWF State College is an Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Institution and a Drug Free Workplace.
The Facilities maintenance specialist will perform all listed duties assigned by supervision in the area(s) of maintenance, custodial and ground tasks. Perform all assigned tasks on a scheduled basis as assigned by Assistant Director, Physical Plant or higher authority. Perform other assigned duties as directed by director, Physical Plant.
- Vacuum; shampoo all carpet areas as required. (Monthly)
- Dust/wash counter tops, shelves, and windows as required. (Weekly)
- Clean rest room(s), empty trash, and re-supply areas daily
- Dust and wet mop all floors, hallways, and stairways. If applicable
- Perform other custodial duties required to maintain a clean, safe environment at this facility at all times. (Daily)
- Perform a daily walk through visual inspection of all heating, ventilating and air conditioning equipment. (HVAC)
- Maintain and check condition of air handling units, condenser units, boiler unit and all associated equipment. (Daily)
- Perform minor maintenance on HVAC equipment, to include changing filters, belts, and condensation drain pans and associated equipment.
- Perform grounds keeping tasks to grounds, trees, shrubs, sprinklers and other college owned property at this site.
- Ensure sidewalks, roads, parking lots are clean safe, and exterior lights are operational as required,
- Maintain trash receptacles, storage areas, and equipment in a neat, clean and safe operational condition
- Perform maintenance tasks to maintain in a safe, functional operating condition, request assistance if required.
- When any emergency exists with equipment or systems maintained by Physical Plant, the Facilities Maintenance Specialist would remain on duty until condition is corrected or released by the proper authority.
- When emergencies occur after duty hours or a message is received from local authorities (city) or by proper (NWF State College) authority, the Facility Maintenance Specialist will respond.
- As part of the college's risk management tool annual mandatory compliance training is required.
- The minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent GED required.
- Previous maintenance, grounds, and custodial experience with some HVAC/electrical background are required.
- The ability to operate and maintain custodial, grounds, and HVAC equipment and systems.
- An understanding of cleaning materials and chemical supplies is desired.
- Physically qualified to relocate heavy equipment and furniture.
- Lift minimum of 35 Lbs.
- Possess a valid State Driver's License.
- Employment is contingent on passing physical.
Classification: Facilities II
Location: South Walton Center
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Application Deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately. Position will remain open until filled.
All sections of the application must be completed.
In addition to the application, please submit ALL of the following:
- A cover letter explaining why you consider yourself qualified for this position.
*After submitting your resume, the following page will allow you to upload additional documents. The maximum allowable size for uploading documents is 10 MB. Documents exceeding 10 MB must be scanned at a lower resolution or divided into separate documents to reduce file size.