: MKAC / Fine and Performing Arts DivisionLocations:
: Niceville, FLPosted:
: Jul 13, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part-timePosition ID:
About Northwest Florida State College:
In over 50 years of service, Northwest Florida State College has earned a reputation for educational excellence and community involvement. As part of Florida's public system of 28 state and community colleges, NWF State College offers bachelor's degree programs, associate degrees, and certificates.
If you are disabled and need accommodations in order to participate in the application/selection process, please notify Human Resources before the specified closeout date. All qualified persons will be considered on an equal basis. Any applicant grievance should be addressed to the Human Resources Executive Director. NWF State College prohibits any form of discrimination on the basis of age, color, ethnicity, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, pregnancy, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation or gender in any of its programs, services, or activities. Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans for Career Service positions. NWF State College is an Equal Access/Equal Opportunity Institution and a Drug Free Workplace.
By applying for this position, you will be joining the part-time pool for consideration as a prospective Theater Technician.
Areas of need are as follows:
- Scenery and props construction (to include building, painting and placement)
- Moving scenic units
- Operate flying scenery
- Striking and setting of set and props
- Operate fly rail system
- Light board operations or spot light operators
- Wardrobe assistants and/or dresser
- Schedule and staff for each production (production manager)
- Assist in maintenance of facility, tools and operations.
- Assist with running of events at the Mattie Kelly Arts Center, including Broadway, Artist, NFSO, Speaker, rentals and academic division productions.
- Oversee the technical details in the creation, development and operation of a production from behind the scenes.
- May supervise various technical aspects of performances such as plays, concerts, musicals, or operas.
- Roles and responsibilities that a crew assumes are dependent on the scope and size of the performance or production.
- Responsibilities can also change as the requirements of a live performance or production shift.
- Complete annual mandatory compliance training.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director.
- High school diploma
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude
- Good interpersonal skills, oral communication skills, and ability to work well with others
- Work independently with minimum supervision.
- Strong written and oral communication skills preferred.
- Good problem solving skills preferred
Rate of Pay: $13.00 per hour
Hours: Up to 29 hours per week
Location: Niceville Campus
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Application Deadline: This is a pool of applicants. Review of applications is done as needed by hiring managers. All applications will be accepted up to October 31, 2022, and the pool will be reposted. If you would like to be considered after October 31, 2022, reapplication is necessary.
All sections of the application must be completed.
In addition to the application, please submit the following:
- Cover letter explaining why you consider yourself qualified for this position.
*After submitting your resume, the following page will allow you to upload additional documents. The maximum allowable size for uploading documents is 10 MB. Documents exceeding 10 MB must be scanned at a lower resolution or divided into separate pages to reduce file size.