DescriptionUniversity of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical CampusSchool of Medicine (SOM), Physician-Scientist ProgramProgram Assistant IPosition #00789728 – Requisition #23228
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
*The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:Anschutz: https://www.ucdenver.edu/docs/librariesprovider284/default-document-library/3000-general-admission/3012---covid-19-vaccination-requirement-and-compliance.pdf?sfvrsn=4e9df3ba_2
Exemptions vary by campus location/department. Campus/Unit-Specific Exemptions:
- Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons.
- Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons.
- Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.The School of Medicine (SOM), Physician-Scientist Program has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Program Assistant I position.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinical and research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medical destination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare. CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schools and colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. We are the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado, awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty, renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU Anschutz Medical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to the delivery of unparalleled patient care. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here. Nature of Work
The Program Assistant I is a 1.0 FTE position that will be responsible for managing special events and projects under the supervision of the Director and Associate Director of the SOM Physician-Scientist Program. The SOM Physician-Scientist Program is a new program led by Dr. David Schwartz to expand the pipeline for physician-scientists, improve retention of physician-scientists, and enhance recognition of physician-scientists. General duties include event and meeting planning and management, HR tasks, and communications, as well as expense reconciliation, travel planning, meeting coordination, and purchasing. This position will also provide administrative support to Dr. Schwartz in his academic and research roles. Example of Work Performed:Duties include but are not limited to:
- Planning, coordination, and management of projects for the SOM Physician-Scientist Program.
Management of administrative activities relating to the Director of the Physician-Scientist Program in his academic and research roles.
- In conjunction with program directors, creates and manages coordination plans for Physician-Scientist Program initiatives, including scope of work, tasks and timelines, and metrics for success.
- Oversees planning and operations for Physician-Scientist Program events including monthly seminar series, monthly and quarterly group meetings, and annual research conference.
- Manages contact lists and sets up recurring and ad-hoc meeting requests, as well as handles technology for all virtual meetings and events.
- Coordinates travel logistics and scheduling of Physician-Scientist Program participants and out-of-town speakers and other guests.
- Develops marketing tools such as website content, flyers, brochures, and emails communication for internal and external audiences.Employs university procurement card/travel card to complete outside vendor purchases to meet Program needs; and completes monthly reconciliation and expense reports.
- Creates and manages tracking tools and document templates related to meeting logistics, participant information, expense tracking, and other data as needed.
- Other communications, finance, and general administration projects as assigned.
- Responsible for calendar management, prioritization of daily appointments and organizing complex, time-sensitive meetings. Prepares routine, varied, and complex correspondence, utilizing a combination of professional experience /knowledge and established guidelines/procedures and templates.
- Maintains email distribution lists and contacts in Outlook
- Handles membership and license renewals and CV and publication list updates
- Coordinates travel, processes reimbursements, and other expenditures for Dr. Schwartz and the Schwartz/Yang Lab using Concur Travel & Expense System
- Provides general support for the Schwartz/Yang Lab, including scheduling of lab meetings and room reservations, creating PO requisitions in CU Marketplace and other procurement duties.
- Supports HR processes including recruitment and hiring, appointment updates, and badge and key requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.Salary and Benefits:
The salary range (or hiring range
) for this position has been established at $49,104 - $57,172.80. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range (or hiring range
) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is eligible for overtime compensation.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
. The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
Required: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.Preferred Qualifications:
- 4 years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Substitution: Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, or another related field.
- Experience with University of Colorado software such as Concur, PeopleSoft, m-Fin and HCM.
- Experience in a university or healthcare environment
- Previous event planning experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.Outstanding customer service skills.Strong computer-based skills in word processing, power point, and scheduling.Demonstrated commitment and ability to advance diversity and inclusion.Ability to produce accurate and timely work productsStrong organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracyAbility to maintain confidentiality and exercise appropriate discretion with information.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.Job Category:
Professional Support ServicesPrimary Location:
Oct 12, 2021Unposting Date: