- Chatham University
- Pittsburgh, PA, USA
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Safety & Security
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Chatham University has an immediate opening for a Police Officer in the University's Public Safety department.
The Candidate will provide safety, security, and protection services to Chatham University by enforcing federal, state, and local laws and the policies and procedures of the University.
This vacant position will add to Chatham's mission "to prepare students to build lives of purpose, value and fulfilling work...by preparing graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect the diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably." Building on this mission, Chatham is committed to creating a supportive and inclusive learning, living and working environment for all members of the campus community. Learn more at: www.chatham.edu.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides safety, security, and protection services to the university community by patrolling assigned areas or buildings to enforce laws and university policies and procedures, which may include the security of individual building/stationary locations.Responds to emergencies by assessing the situation, employing tact, diplomacy, and individual judgment to remedy and/or maintain control. Many situations will require the officer to provide on-site lead supervision over lower seniority officers who may be present.Deters, restrains, and/or arrests individuals attempting to inflict physical harm on themselves or others or to commit criminal acts.Completes necessary administrative forms/reports related to incidents and/or arrests, including gathering pertinent information from participants and/or witnesses.Appears in court regarding incidents that occur in the University community when necessary.Provides emergency first aid and/or CPR to injured persons, or assists in the transportation of ill or injured persons when necessary.
- High school graduation or an equivalent combination of training and experience.Certification under Pennsylvania Act 120 and Act 235.Certification in emergency first aid, CPR, and AED.Pennsylvania Driver's LicenseFirefighter and/or safety experienced preferred.
Full Job Description Chatham Universityhttps://chatham.applicantpro.com
Founded in 1869, Chatham University is a fully coed institution with an enrollment of over 2,200 students and over 60 undergraduate and graduate programs in our areas of excellence: health & sustainability; business & communication; and the arts & sciences. Chatham is the alma mater of environmental icon Rachel Carson ’29, and is recognized as a leader in the field of sustainability, having been selected as one of the Top 50 Green Colleges by The Princeton Review; ranked in the top five nationally for sustainability achievements in the Sustainability Tracking, Assessment & Rating System™ (STARS); and mentioned in a 2012 Forbes article as one of the places "contributing to Pittsburgh's transformation into a destination for green living."
Building on these accomplishments, Chatham opened in 2014 the world's first fully sustainable campus in higher education, Eden Hall Campus. Consistently ranked as a best college by U.S. News & World Report in the Regional Universities North category, Chatham consists of the School of Health Sciences; the Falk School of Sustainability & Environment; the School of Arts, Science & Business; and the School for Continuing & Professional Studies.
Accreditation The University is accredited by the:
· Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
· Pennsylvania Department of Education
· Pennsylvania Department of Education Teacher Certification Program
· Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education
· Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant
· American Chemical Society
· American Psychology Association
· Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
· Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education
· Council for Interior Design Accreditation
· Council on Social Work Education
· International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education
· Masters in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council
Mission Statement Chatham University prepares its students to build lives of purpose, value, and fulfilling work. Through professional skill development and liberal arts learning, Chatham prepares its graduates to be informed and engaged citizens in their communities; to recognize and respect diversity of culture, identity, and opinion; and to live sustainably.
Student Life Students at Chatham University immerse themselves in academics, co-curricular activities, and city life here in Pittsburgh, PA. At Chatham University, you’ll find an academic and social environment where everyone, from professors in the classroom to strong alumnae/alumni networks to fellow students, cares about your future. The Office of Student Affairs at Chatham is committed to assisting students in becoming active members of the campus community through a variety of programs and services. Student Affairs staff members are here to help Chatham students stretch their imaginations, learn about themselves, discover the world, and achieve their aspirations. Chatham University has a lot in store for students outside the classroom.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert